• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

On 2/9/2016 at 2:11 PM, NoblyBobly said:

^ so basically autumn 2016.  Compared with some teams (and past Chelsea teams) we haven't done too badly this season for injuries . Courtois was a blow and our little crystal rose petals up front clearly fall to pieces as soon as someone farts on them but apart from that things could and have been worse.

Yes-ish.

But we rarely declare injuries because we have so players, and some of our injured players are sitting on the bench pretending to be fit.

paulw66   

Costa withdraws from Spain squad with groin injury.

At least he is missing 2 internationals, not Chelsea games, but need him back ASAP 

Very convenient from our point of view, provided it's short-term or a "diplomatic groin injury" (I.e. like "diplomatic flu", but lower down): we don't want any nasty Scots or Spaniards to give him a kicking ...

First Costa, then Eden but the worse one was last night..

Azpi nearly broken in half by Vardy, should have been a straight red but didn't even get a yellow..how Azpi wasn't subbed I don't know, disgusting challenge

Drinkwater out until Oct, which is a pain as we have a lot of games this month and could have done with him to start Forest and as an option on the bench for the other games. 

Holymoly   

Morata out for up to eight weeks then, possibly more with conditioning. That's just perfect.

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Morata out for up to eight weeks then, possibly more with conditioning. That's just perfect.

I have read anything from 2 to 8 weeks. Waiting for the official verdict before panicking. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I have read anything from 2 to 8 weeks. Waiting for the official verdict before panicking. 

The two weeks claim was from Morata before he was diagnosed by the Spanish team doctors following an MRI. Their diagnosis was a a grade II myofascial injury in the hamstring. Likely out for 4-8 weeks. This has yet to be confirmed by CFC but it doesn't look good.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-to-assess-alvaro-morata-hamstring-injury-after-spain-diagnosis-a3649231.html