• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whilst not a Chelsea player, how sad to hear that Ryan Mason has had to retire from football as a result of the head injury in a clash with Cahill. 

I heard a while ago that Cahill hadn't made much contact or enquired much as to his condition. I don't know how true that is but I note that he hasn't said anything publicly yet on social media on the subject either. 

Tick tock Gary. Good luck Ryan. 

I'm wondering if there's a reason he cannot say anything as he could perhaps be sued for loss of earnings and reckless endangerment ?

That said , yes it is a real shame , I always thought he had something about him and could probably have gone on to better things .

Ham   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm wondering if there's a reason he cannot say anything as he could perhaps be sued for loss of earnings and reckless endangerment ?

That said , yes it is a real shame , I always thought he had something about him and could probably have gone on to better things .

Whilst Cahill went in with some force on the blind side I believe it's clear he wasn't looking to injure Mason as he lead with his own head. 

If it was an elbow or forearm it would be a different story. 

I can't see there being any legal comeback at all. 

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whilst Cahill went in with some force on the blind side I believe it's clear he wasn't looking to injure Mason as he lead with his own head. 

If it was an elbow or forearm it would be a different story. 

I can't see there being any legal comeback at all. 

If that is indeed the case then I would sincerely hope to hear some condolences from Mr C , he really doesn't seem the kind of guy to be a dick about it.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If that is indeed the case then I would sincerely hope to hear some condolences from Mr C , he really doesn't seem the kind of guy to be a dick about it.

I remember him saying something at the time and him along with other Chelsea players going to visit him in hospital etc.

I would hope Gary's first point of contact would be more personal than on social media to be honest.

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I remember him saying something at the time and him along with other Chelsea players going to visit him in hospital etc.

I would hope Gary's first point of contact would be more personal than on social media to be honest.

Ah good , I was responding to the reports that he hadn't said anything , as I said he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't care.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Whilst not a Chelsea player, how sad to hear that Ryan Mason has had to retire from football as a result of the head injury in a clash with Cahill. 

I heard a while ago that Cahill hadn't made much contact or enquired much as to his condition. I don't know how true that is but I note that he hasn't said anything publicly yet on social media on the subject either. 

Tick tock Gary. Good luck Ryan. 

Googled "ryan mason visit cahill" and literally the whole first page of results (didn't bother with the second) is coverage of Cahill, along with Terry and club officials, visiting him in hospital the evening of the game and the following day, spending time with his family. The club have already issued comiserations on social media.

Probably a very difficult day for Mason, this. May not want platitudes, public or otherwise. No clock ticking for anyone IMO, and think it's a bit weird that anyone else would.

Sea foot   

Always sad news when a player is forced to quit the game like this.

Good luck for the future lad.

5 hours ago, Ham said:

The wonders of google:   cahill ryan mason hospital

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gary-cahill-john-Terry-visit-9677472

Gary Cahill visited the hospital where Ryan Mason was being treated for a fractured skull on Sunday night after their accidental clash of heads in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Hull.

Chelsea defender Cahill, club captain John Terry and assistant boss Steve Holland went to St Mary's Hospital to check on Mason's well-being.

It is understood the trio spent time with members of Mason's family who had attended the game, which was marred by the incident in the 14th minute.

Ham   

Actually my comment referred to a quite recent television interview/special on Ryan's path to recovery and in the interview it was made clear that there had been no contact from Cahill since he'd been released from hospital.  He made a point of listing others in football who had been in regular contact. 

Edited by Ham

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

Actually my comment referred to a quite recent television interview/special on Ryan's path to recovery and in the interview it was made clear that there had been no contact from Cahill since he'd been released from hospital.  He made a point of listing others in football who had been in regular contact. 

Why should he contact him afterwards?  Doesn't strike me as odd at all.