• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why should he contact him afterwards?  Doesn't strike me as odd at all.

Really? That says something about you then.

His forehead contacted the temple of a 25 year old from the blindside who has publicly suffered from depression, panic attacks and nightmares and never played football again. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure tbh. It was an accident, and Cahill (from what I've read) visited the young guy in hospital. How long does that go on for (the visits), before it becomes ok? 

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

Steady.  I meant after having once visited the hospital and talked to the family.  

Incidentally, for 12 months the assumption has been that he would be returning to football soon.

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Steady.  I meant after having once visited the hospital and talked to the family.  

Incidentally, for 12 months the assumption has been that he would be returning to football soon.

It really hasn't. 

Ham   
51 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure tbh. It was an accident, and Cahill (from what I've read) visited the young guy in hospital. How long does that go on for (the visits), before it becomes ok? 

This is, in my opinion, a special case Michael. His age coupled with the nature of the injury and the unusual way in which he has been physically and mentally affected make this extra sad for me. 

The interview in question was on the Alan Brazil show on talksport and he was very open and honest. He feared back then that the doctors would prevent him ever playing again. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Good to hear but I'm still mindful of Mason's comments on talksport. That's what prompted my post today. 

I tend to agree with you. If it had been me, I'd have made the odd discrete, private, inquiry as to how he was getting on. I'm sure it's not impossible for one high profile footballer to get the mobile number of another playing in the same league.

Edited by Bob Singleton

paulw66   

I wonder how sympathetic we would all be had the challenge in the clip below (at 6:46 ) had led to Hazard going off on a stretcher. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I wonder how sympathetic we would all be had the challenge in the clip below (at 6:46 ) had led to Hazard going off on a stretcher. 

I still can't understand why Clattenberg after admitting he did nothing to protect our players so that Spurs could only blame themselves was not taken to task by the PGMOL and  FA.

'Ark at me , as if.