• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

bert19   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still can't understand why Clattenberg after admitting he did nothing to protect our players so that Spurs could only blame themselves was not taken to task by the PGMOL and  FA.

'Ark at me , as if.

Because he doesn't work for them any more? 

Personally, I'd have been happy to see both clubs take legal action against him for the fines they both incurred for "failing to control their players" 

We were charged 375k and Spurs 220k (how did that even work?) for Clattenberg's little show there...

32 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Because he doesn't work for them any more? 

Personally, I'd have been happy to see both clubs take legal action against him for the fines they both incurred for "failing to control their players" 

We were charged 375k and Spurs 220k (how did that even work?) for Clattenberg's little show there...

Not sure what claim Spurs would have.  Other than the game should have been stopped when they had 4 or 5 players sent off, long before they got their last 4 bookings

We got fined more because of our track record. 

It is however immensely to our credit that if I recall only one of our bookings was for a foul, the other 5 were for protesting (and frankly not protesting nearly hard enough or nearly as much as most clubs would).  The foul count was 9-20, which given that we were chasing the game for most of the time is also much to our credit.  

Football can be shameful at times,  The failure to deal at the time properly with any of Spurs or Pochettino or Clattenberg, or some of the players who should have got straight Reds and long bans is a major disgrace.
Spurs have lost it a couple of times since in big games too.

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Football can be shameful at times,  The failure to deal at the time properly with any of Spurs or Pochettino or Clattenberg, or some of the players who should have got straight Reds and long bans is a major disgrace.
Spurs have lost it a couple of times since in big games too.

The Kane and Alli tackles at City were appalling. The fact they keep getting away with them must make them think they are untouchable. 

34 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The Kane and Alli tackles at City were appalling. The fact they keep getting away with them must make them think they are untouchable. 

Yes.  They lose it in big pressure games - or rather I suspect Pochettino makes it clear he expect them to win at all costs in these games.
In principle I think the idea of fining a club when its players lose all control and discipline is right.  It should be done for player safety reasons.  I just don't trust the FA, let alone British refs, to implement the rule.

Can't get quoting to work for some reason, but Ryan Mason has literally said (in current reporting and over the last year, in readily available mainstream press) that he expected to return and that he can't safely do so is a fairly recent development.

I guess if you want to attack our players (or board users for that matter) you will find a way to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well in fairness  the media plays a big part  in this , check the adulation they get to drawing away at Juventus , check the adulation they get for "playing the right way" , they're after all the "peoples Champions" apparently.

I am yet to read anyone anywhere mention how ( with apologies ) "Argentinian" they are in the way they play , tackle them cleanly and win the ball and they'll lie there hoping the ref stops the play , collective fouling , targeting of individuals , diving , the list is endless . 

Harry Kane is a fine player but they didn't "discover" him , they lucked into it when iirc three high profile centre forwards were employed before he got the chance when they were hopeless.

And , they have won less than Leicester.

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well in fairness  the media plays a big part  in this , check the adulation they get to drawing away at Juventus , check the adulation they get for "playing the right way" , they're after all the "peoples Champions" apparently.

I am yet to read anyone anywhere mention how ( with apologies ) "Argentinian" they are in the way they play , tackle them cleanly and win the ball and they'll lie there hoping the ref stops the play , collective fouling , targeting of individuals , diving , the list is endless . 

Harry Kane is a fine player but they didn't "discover" him , they lucked into it when iirc three high profile centre forwards were employed before he got the chance when they were hopeless.

And , they have won less than Leicester.

"Peoples champions". "Will of the people". Dangerous phrases!

Ham   
41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Can't get quoting to work for some reason, but Ryan Mason has literally said (in current reporting and over the last year, in readily available mainstream press) that he expected to return and that he can't safely do so is a fairly recent development.

I guess if you want to attack our players (or board users for that matter) you will find a way to do it.

Guessing this is aimed at me but saying that you hope  or expect to return and saying that it has always been in the hands of the medical professionals are two different things. 

Even in his talksport interview last year he said it was up to the doctors ultimately.  When I say "last year" I mean at least 6 months ago, maybe much more,  as I recall. 

Anything else he says is positive mental attitude in full effect. 

Incidentally I've been one of the only people on here in the past year who've regularly defended our players and board against popular opinion. Negativity is not really one of my faults, Bakayoko aside. 

53 minutes ago, Ham said:

Incidentally I've been one of the only people on here in the past year who've regularly defended our players and board against popular opinion. Negativity is not really one of my faults, Bakayoko aside. 

In fairness to you, I'd definitely not usually single you out as being especially negative about Chelsea or the players.

I can't quite get your angle on this Cahill/Mason thing, though. Neither of us know much of anything about what communication the players have had, or even more importantly what either would want from each other. If I felt someone had ruined my career or not behaved properly towards me, I'd not personally care about their condolences and would probably actually be more angry at them for making any kind of self-serving announcement, but quite rightly and fairly other people, perhaps yourself included, would feel very differently ... There isn't one set, correct way to act in this sort of situation.

All we know is what makes it to the press, and what has made it to the press doesn't warrant even slight or veiled criticism of Cahill or anyone at Chelsea. Perhaps Mason does feel aggrieved but I think you can marry together respecting his freedom to feel that way with an acceptance that Cahill hasn't necessarily done anything wrong.

I'd see it differently if we were talking about a career ended by a challenge like those others have been talking about since, maybe. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-mason-waits-scan-result-11892528

last month

He's still currently training on his own as he bids to come to back from a fractured skull when he collided with Gary Cahill as Hull took on Chelsea back in January 2017.

The next step is a scan to finally give him the all clear after he suffered a head clash that surgeons likened to the force of 'car accident.'