Codger

Injury News

1,905 posts in this topic

Comon Ballack! the countdown is on until your comeback, whenever that may be!

Liverfluke perhaps?

The pool have been very fortunate in recent times when we play them... if only we had a full strength team against them!

Yeah its very true, last season we played them in the premiership with no central defenders, then in the last 2 champions league semi's we have had no wingers and the last one had Essien at centre back. They have literally had no injuries to there first team line up when they have beat us!

Bring on another 1-4! God that was a great game. Lamps: "Shhhhhh" well worth the booking!

Edited by AaronT12CFC

I don't get all this 'not sure about Ben Haim' stuff...from several seasons of watching him I think he's an extremely accomplished defender...and he did exceptionally well against Reading after Carvalho went off. And I want to see if Terry/Ben Haim work well in tandem against Liverpool too...they're going to have to play together this season after all.

It is a shame that Carvalho is out but I'm more than comfortable with Ben Haim in his stead. More than comfortable.

so, what's the latest on Shevy?

Him and Maka have resumed normal training, likely he'll be benched on Sunday bar a major injury catastrophe.

I'd give TBH a start too, I wonder how he does against a stronger opponent. Though I'm not sure Terry is like he used to be at the moment, I think it'll take a little more time when he'll be at his best level, then we'll have the strongest defence in the league again.

Reading a few reports it sounds like Terry and Shevchenko are fit for this match, Robben is a week away, Carvalho is out and Essien is still 50-50. Alex has only had a week's training, albeit in double sessions, so should only make the bench while Ballack will be back next month and Bridge in October. Everyone else is fully fit and training normally as far as I know.

I wouldn't read too much into Gerrards broken toe, after all, Lamps has been playing with the same thing since the US trip. Anyone else know if Liverpool have any others rated as doubtful?

Edited by Flinkers

I've been away for two months, holidays and stuff.. could anyone possibly tell me what has happened since the signing of Malouda? Are Maka, Ballack and Sheva still here as well as Robben? How are things with Alex? And why was Joe Cole on the bench this week? Could someone tell me the most important things I need to know? Thanks in advance!

I've been away for two months, holidays and stuff.. could anyone possibly tell me what has happened since the signing of Malouda? Are Maka, Ballack and Sheva still here as well as Robben? How are things with Alex? And why was Joe Cole on the bench this week? Could someone tell me the most important things I need to know? Thanks in advance!

Malouda scored against Man U in the CS and in the first league game vs Brum (all round play has been very good!)

Maka has signed a new deal but not played in the league so far,Ballack still injured,Sheva not featured in the league (Pizzaro has been very good) and Robben is still trying to go to Madrid but looking less likely the longer it drags on.