• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

I've been away for two months, holidays and stuff.. could anyone possibly tell me what has happened since the signing of Malouda? Are Maka, Ballack and Sheva still here as well as Robben? How are things with Alex? And why was Joe Cole on the bench this week? Could someone tell me the most important things I need to know? Thanks in advance!

Maka, Ballack, Sheva and Robben are all still Chelsea players. Real Madrid said they want Robben, but it seems to have gone quiet for the last week or so. Alex has officially signed, but hasn't been fit enough to play any part so far. Joe Cole is being kept out of the team by SWP, Malouda and Kalou, who have all been on great form so far.

The biggest change is the way we play football. We play flowing, attacking football now, usually with a 4-4-2 formation like:

-----------------Cech---------------------------

Johnson/Paulo---Riccy---Ben Haim----A.Cole

SWP----Essien/Mikel-----Lamps------Malouda

-------------Kalou---Drogs/Pizarro------------

We have conceded more goals than usual but are scoring freely. Pizarro has been outstanding, scoring on his home debut and Malouda has scored 2 goals already and looks a class act. Drogba has just come back from injury and scored on his first start. Every time we come foward we look threatening. We need a new RB, probably Daniel Alves if you believe the papers.

Results so far:

Chelsea 1 - 1 Man U (Lost on pens)

Malouda ---- Giggs

Chelsea 3 - 2 Birmingham

Pizarro ------ Forsell

Malouda -----Kapo

Essien

Reading 1 - 2 Chelsea

Bikey -------- Lampard

----------------Drogba

Hope that summed it up! :)

Thanks a lot.. As a poor speaker of French all I knew was our result against Birmingham, and that we lost the Community Shield. Thank you both very much for your summary!

For the Liverpool game, was Sheva available?

I looked on the BBC site before the game and it said he was, but have been told he's still injured by others.

Any news on him at all?

Codger   

Latest from Physioroom.com:

R Carvalho   Sprained Ankle 25th Aug 07	
A Shevchenko Groin Strain 25th Aug 07
W Bridge Hip Surgery 29th Sep 07
M Ballack Ankle Surgery 2nd Sep 07

R Carvalho Sprained Ankle 25th Aug 07

A Shevchenko Groin Strain 25th Aug 07

W Bridge Hip Surgery 29th Sep 07

M Ballack Ankle Surgery 2nd Sep 07

Robben is conspicuous by his absence from that list.

Codger   
Robben is conspicuous by his absence from that list.

Hans has been gobbing off in the press again, telling all who care to listen that the deal should be done in a few days and that his son is fit to play now.

I really can't wait for Ballack to be fit in September, he'll play a very important role this season, and he's one of my favourite players as you probably could guess. It'll be a tad unfair as he has played no pre-season matches, so I think a few reserve matches are needed

Mehrino   
It'll be a tad unfair as he has played no pre-season matches, so I think a few reserve matches are needed

That's a great image. Imagine being a reserve team player for some mid-table club, and coming up against Michael Ballack. Priceless.