• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

Mehrino   

Not good. It seems he's out for Villa, but there is a little saving grace that the England games are coming soon. Frankie's made of tough stuff, and hopefully he's not serious.

This squad can cope with the loss of any player, but of course Lampard is important to this team. The unavailability of Ballack makes it even harder, because I think that in our current type of game there should be two midfielders who can bothh do a good job defensively, but also at least one of them should be close to the forwards. Ballack should have made a lot of minutes on the pitch if he wasn't injured, in the coming weeks and he needs that as well, cause it'll be hard for him to get back in the team if he recovers.

I hope Lamps recovers quickly, but I expect the team to be able to cope without him.

Is Ballack back in training? That would help lessen the blow of Lamps being out. Plus, you might get a chance to give Joe Cole his shot at first team football. I believe he can play in the center midfield also.

akallas   
I hope Lamps recovers quickly, but I expect the team to be able to cope without him.
We'll cope. But we may well drop points. Frank's goals make all the difference.

Flinkers   

Look on the bright side. At least his toe can heal properly now and he'll have a few weeks to nut out a new contract with Peter Kenyon.

Supposedly, Riccy and Ballack will be back in training next week - but the latter will need quite a while, as he's missed Pre-Season and needs games. I'd guess he'll be aiming for Champions League.

Seems that, with Lampard's injury now confirmed, Joe will get the proper chance he's been gagging for (unless he's being flogged to the spurts as I type, which is a nasty rumour going around - and one I don't believe for a minute, ESPECIALLY under the Lampard circs.)

All the Lampard-haters will be happy now.

Lets see how many goals we get from CM without him.

I'm guessing but it means that Mikel or Maka will take up the anchor role in CM and Essien will be given more licence to get forward. It will be interesting, I just hope it's not for too long.

Worst thing about this is that he'd just played really well for England, now Hargereves and Gerrard will play in the centre (funny how he's conviniently back for the qualifiers as soon as Lamps is injured) and Lamps might not get his place back.

On the bonus side, after the Villa game there's two weeks of no games due to internationals. If he's out for a month it means that he'll only miss two weeks of the season. Ballack could be fit in two weeks as well.

Nevertheless, not good.

Edited by James Prescott

Is Ballack back in training? That would help lessen the blow of Lamps being out. Plus, you might get a chance to give Joe Cole his shot at first team football. I believe he can play in the center midfield also.

I don't think Michael is, and I think its silly putting him straight into the First XI, he hasn't played a match in 4 months

Malouda - Mikel/Maka - Essien - SWP

This isn't a bad midfield now is it?

With the international break coming up, I don't think Lampard will miss too many games. I'm sure we can cope without him for a few games.

Will be interesting to see Essien with the license to roam a bit, or even Mikel if he's given that role: time for someone in that middle of the pitch to step up and deliver, and I have no doubt they will.