• Current Donation Goals

Codger

Injury News

hanuma   

It had to happen eventually.

I wonder who will get given more of a license to get forward, Mikel or Essien.

mercury   

Lets hope we don't miss Lampard's goals as much as I think we might.

He's been the one saving us in recent games.

Such a shame after he did so well in the England game and now its back to Lord Gerrard and Hargreaves.

Feel really sorry for him.

If it's 3-5 weeks for a thigh strain at least we have the gap for the internationals which could earn us a respite - so he may only miss the Villa and Blackburn games may be. On the physioRoom.com they have him pencilled in to be back about the 15 September, no idea how accurate that is.

Hope he's not out too long, he was so pleased with his form after the Pompey game - really upset at the news.

I know one man does not make a team but at the moment we seem to be relying on his goals.

Well if Joe Cole wants to make an impression now might be the time....

It's so damn annoying that Ballack isn't back yet - he would be the perfect person to just slot in there.

I just don't understand why it is taking so long for this Ballack ankle injury to heal, I thought he had the op ages ago and it was fine.

Edited by mercury

Damn, this really really sucks. Especially since he's in topform now. Kinda weird having a Chelsea team without Lamps. Hopefully h'll be back for Rosenborg, or at least United.

Kerrigan   
Such a shame after he did so well in the England game and now its back to Lord Gerrard and Hargreaves.
I feel the same. I hope there'd be no Deja-Vu of the Andorra-game ... where the media praised Stevie Me till heartache. And why? Guess so? Because Lampard was on the bench and everybody ... you know. I don't hope them to lose but I'm getting scared when it's only about relying on ... Stevie Me ...

And of course we'll miss him. The Chelsea-squad without Lampard is just not the same ... even the nasty German reporters know so,

T.H.O.R.   

So unlucky, looks like everyone will get his turn to be injured : /

But we are better covered than last season, we can still compete with any team even with injured important player or two.

I'm not worried about this. Its a sad day if we want to win the league and we miss one player (good though he is). Essien and Mikel? All day long sir, I'm confident.

Well if Joe Cole wants to make an impression now might be the time....

It's so damn annoying that Ballack isn't back yet - he would be the perfect person to just slot in there.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Ballack would be the perfect person to slot into Lamps' role, both in the midfield and also on direct free kicks as well.

And I also think that this might be the perfect opportunity for Joe Cole to get a chance at first team football. I remember that some time back, there was a debate as to whether Cole was a true winger, in the mold of an Arjen Robben or Cristiano Ronaldo, or more of a straight attacking midfielder. I think that Cole might be given a crack at that position. I would think it would give us a better attacking midfielder than either Mikel or Maka would give us.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Ballack would be the perfect person to slot into Lamps' role, both in the midfield and also on direct free kicks as well.

And I also think that this might be the perfect opportunity for Joe Cole to get a chance at first team football. I remember that some time back, there was a debate as to whether Cole was a true winger, in the mold of an Arjen Robben or Cristiano Ronaldo, or more of a straight attacking midfielder. I think that Cole might be given a crack at that position. I would think it would give us a better attacking midfielder than either Mikel or Maka would give us.

Well, if he's going to get that chance, we need to go back to 4-3-3, because we need at east two central midfielders who can do a good job defensively. Joe Cole is far worse than Lamps defensively, so in a flat 4-4-2 I can't see him playing central midfielder.

Flo17   

It would be good to see Joe play as the attack minded centre midfielder in the 4-4-2 formation we have been using so far but I think it would leave us a little suspect at the back. We would certainly need Maka or Essien to play in the holding position and keep their discipline to give the defence adequate cover.