• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avinash

07/08 Home Jersey Question

Avinash   

I am getting a new Chelsea jersey for this year because my other one is quite worn. However, I live in Canada, so the megastore is not really practical for me. I was at a jersey store yesterday, and they had a quality jersey, however I noticed one thing. The Flowers/ball on the logo were gold, not red. Is the jersey a knockoff or are the jerseys this year really like that?

This is what I mean:

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/25919/200...14485074_fs.jpg

DP89   

The badge has defiently not changed this season, and the ball/flower remains red.

Codger   
The Flowers/ball on the logo were gold, not red. Is the jersey a knockoff or are the jerseys this year really like that?

That's could be an old shirt with what looks like the Centenary logo on it. However, the official Centenary version should have text* around the outside of the badge. There's a good overview here. Be aware of the dates on that page as they're relevant.

*Someone who has a Centenary shirt should be able to confirm this as I'm a little unsure.

That's could be an old shirt with what looks like the Centenary logo on it. However, the official Centenary version should have text* around the outside of the badge. There's a good overview here. Be aware of the dates on that page as they're relevant.

*Someone who has a Centenary shirt should be able to confirm this as I'm a little unsure.

The text is the same as given in the link, but it was in gold.

It definitely looks like the centenary shirt badge.

It should say 100 years at the top of the badge and 1905-2005 at the bottom of the badge in gold.

If so, then it's the 2005/06 shirt.

Avinash   

Thanks for the replies. The shirt definitely doesn't say centenary on it, and the name and number print is in this season's style. That makes me think the shirts are fake. I was thinking of ordering the white 3rd jersey from that store, which has the red roses, but since their blue jersey is obviously fake, it makes me question the white one.

I was thinking of ordering the white 3rd jersey from that store, which has the red roses, but since their blue jersey is obviously fake, it makes me question the white one.

I can see what you mean. Anywhere else you could try first? Maybe then if you can't find one get the white strip.

Avinash   
I can see what you mean. Anywhere else you could try first? Maybe then if you can't find one get the white strip.

Oh yes, I will be getting two jerseys, the white 3rd jersey as well as the blue. The store that I'm referring to has both of them, but I noticed the color problem on the blue jersey. Despite the fact that their version of the white jersey looks legitimate, I am now hesitant about buying the white one from there as well, in case it is also fake. I might just look for a totally different store for both jerseys. There are not many Chelsea supporters in Canada, mostly Manure fans, since all their matches were primarily shown on our television throughout the 1990's.

bonoz   

Have you tried Kitbag.com? and I'm sure Chelsea Megastore ships in North America.