• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Campain

Ashley Cole

I'm sure all supporters are as passionate about their clubs as we are. But, just for once, wouldn't it be great if both sets of fans at both games stood and cheered Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips as they took to the pitch.

They are mere mortals like the rest of us and IMO deserve all the support we can give after what they've had to endure.

Apparently (and yes it's a red top but anyway) Ashely Cole could be temepted to leave Arsenal at the end of the season as Real Madrid want him but apparently Chelsea are also interested. Remember what I said about Chelsea being rumoured to want another left-back? the plot thickens...

Nilesy   
quote:Originally posted by James Prescott

Apparently (and yes it's a red top but anyway) Ashely Cole could be temepted to leave Arsenal at the end of the season as Real Madrid want him but apparently Chelsea are also interested. Remember what I said about Chelsea being rumoured to want another left-back? the plot thickens...

id="quote">

id="quote">

No James, the plot is far from thickening, in fact the only plot here is the plot you are obviously in danger of losing.

a) Ashley Cole is hardly going to leave the gooners for us - Real Madrid maybe but not us.

B) You read a (red top) article with no quotes and attach truth to it. This is a fundamental error which I hope you aren't in the habit of making. :-)

Not normally Nilesy but the fact is that Babayaro will probably leave as he's hardly played at all this season. Gallas is above Bridge at left-back at the moment and his best position is centre-back. So for Chelsea to be interested in a left-back makes sense. I do normally prefer to go on direct quotes, but the idea of Cole at left back is quite exciting and although you're right that he'd hardly contemplate leaving Arsenal for Chelsea, it doesn't mean we're not interested, but just the word of a red-top or a 'source' is of course never going to be the whole truth.

Frewm   

Bah. Even if he is leaving Cole would never EVER sign for us. It's bred into him.

Atr   

Why would we need another left back? I'm glad Bridge will be starting again, though not at the circumstances behind it.