• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codger

Live Match Thread: Aston Villa Vs Chelsea

Codger   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premiership match against Aston Villa at Villa Park, before and during the game. Keep it intelligent.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in its deletion.

________________________________________________________________________________

Match is live on Sky. Good luck to those who are travelling, KTBFFH.

Thank goodness, this game couldn't come a day too soon. Back to the football at last, with the transfer window well and truly shut.

I'm thinking...

4-4-2

Cech

A Cole

Terry

Ben Haim

Ferreira

Malouda

Lamps

Essien

SWP

Drogba

Pizarro

Subs-Cudicini, Alex, Mikel, J Cole, Kalou

Kristina   
Thank goodness, this game couldn't come a day too soon. Back to the football at last, with the transfer window well and truly shut.

Truer words were never spoken, G.

DP89   

I heard someone say from Chelsea the other day that Belletti should start, so that will be interesting. Villa have a strong and speedy front line, with Agbonlahor and Moore, with Carew as the main man. I don't think Villa have a proper RB yet, so hopefully Malouda and SWP will get at whoever plays there.

Truer words were never spoken, G.

I might be out of line here, but aren't you that Kristina that were away for a while with some serious operations? If so, big and very warm welcome back!

Nice to see everything worked out fine in the end!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As for th game 4-1-3-2:

Cech

Belletti

Carvalho (if fit, if not then Alex)

Terry

Cole

Essien

SWP

Lampard

Malouda

Kalou

Drogba

Subs: Cudicini, Ben Haim/Alex, Mikel, Cole, Sheva

I think it is time to give Sheva a sub appearance. Who knows, in a 4-4-2 with wingers he might come good with his movemet off the ball.

2-0 to the Chels. Kalou and Sheva scorers.

Cech

Belletti Alex JT Ash

SWP Maka Lamps Malouda

Drogba Sheva

Subs: Cudicini, Pizarro, Johnson, Mikel, Essien

I think Alex will definitely start this match - he hasn't played since the match away at Anfield, and having had a whole week to train with the squad (ditto for Belletti) will probably make him more than ready.

Likewise, I think Maka will get a game this time, or at the very least be on the bench, with Essien starting instead.

mercury   

Jose has never done well against Villa has he in all his time here?

Something about this team confounds us in the league games - not sure why but it does.

They have just bought Zat Knight who is a CB from Fulham - ironically it was his touch that led to the first AV goal last week.

He's 6ft 5" tall!

Coupled with great displays recently by Young against Fulham and Maloney in mid week against Wrexham who they thrashed by 5 goals and of course there is Agbonlahor. I think Young will be causing whoever plays at RB a torrid time - the Fulham RB got sent off in the end after a miserable game.

So I think Jose needs to have his tallest, meanest and quickest defensive combo out and fully switched on for this game and we had better hope that Villa want to come out more and play us rather than try and defend and catch us on the fast counter attack.

With MU and Liverpool both have 3 point bankers this weekend in Sunderland and Derby respectively I think we need to try and break our duck and win this one - but I honestly am not sure if we can.

More likely a draw and if we don't get our defence sorted I would not be surprised if we Villa actually win. It would be nice thought to get something out of this game prior to the international break.

It will be interesting to see who Jose puts out defensively.

Jubas   

Cech

Belletti Ben Haim JT Ash

Essien

SWP Lamps Malouda

Drogba Pizzaro

I think JM will stick with Ben Haim, and bring on Alex about 10 minutes into the second half. Alex needs to start as a sub a few times before making his full start I think, just to get used to the pace etc. If we're up 3-0 at half time, then he might come on then, or earlier.

I'm not 100% sure on Belleti starting, but given how much better we played with Essien in the midfield last week, I think JM will take the risk. Like above, we've got a pretty strong midfield - 3/4 players are in good form, with Lampard scoring goals at the moment (not in form, and scoring goals - oxymoron?)

Pizzaro will start for my money - he's been effective thus far, and will be focusing on hassling the villa defence to try and free up some space for Drogba, while at the same time knocking in some head-high crosses from malouda and SWP.

I expect for the wing strategy, SWP's role will be to head to the corner flag and cross at head height for piz/drogs, while malouda will have instructions to run inside, and play 1-2s with Drogs (given that they know eachother's style quite well)

ChAoS   

This is the team I would like to see on Sunday:

Cech

Belletti Alex JT Ash

Essien

SWP Lamps Malouda

Drogba Kalou

Bench: Carlo, Mikel, Joe, Ben-Haim, Sheva/Piza

I need to play the Bison down the middle instead of wasting his talent at right-back, we signed Belletti to play him there, isn't it? I think Alex should be ready to start after some week training and learning some English in training. I think Jose would probably start Ben-Haim and play with Piza up front, I would prefer to have someone running at the Villa defence with pace. Thats why I chose Kalou. I want to see Sheva, we shouldn't forget him...