• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

Chelsea 0 - Blackburn 0

Man of the Match  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was man of the match against Blackburn?

• Cech
    • Belletti
    • Alex
    • Terry
    • A. Cole
    • Wright-Phillips
    • Essien
    • Sidwell
    • J. Cole
    • Kalou
    • Shevchenko
    • Ben Haim
    • Mikel
    • Malouda

Beletti had a near perfect game so he is MOTM for me. Joe Cole a close second but needed to do a bit better in the 2nd half. Cech is arguably MOTM as he made game saving saves.

Lack of short passing and link up play was missing from the match for us to win it. Looking forward to improved play as the season goes on.

One point I'd like to get across is that Shevchenko needs creativity to shine. Chelsea is obviously known not required to do this from JM. The phiolosophy of play at AC Milan, I think hid the fact that Shevchenko is actually not that fast. Chelsea are not as creative, and if you'd like to argue that, you can use a counter as tally long balls by Chelsea. I think it comes down to luck just not being on Shevchenko's side right now, and of course, the play of the team not fitting him. Say what you want, I still think Shevchenko is still a great player. I think the Bridge crowd today will agree as well.

I can't be the only one worried about our squad status. Looking at out bench I allmost choked. What happend to the times when we had world class players sitting at the bench ready to make an impact. To many machines in our team, people that can only help to controll a game but never CHANGE a game.

dooder12   

Again we lack movement in the forward areas. Sheva hasn't done it for me. His runs aren't that intelligent, no where near as good as Crespo's and often times we find him behind Kalou. We needed strikers and we needed a winger with speed who can actually dribble as well, not "either or". We needed a Martins or a Farfan. Someone with pace and shooting ability from range. We don't have many threats in attack. Sheva could have stamped his name with that early chance and we would have put maybe 1 or 2 past them. No threats from range, speed in attack, and no second forward with pace and ability to shoot. Kalou instead of Martins/Farfan? Sheva instead of David Villa? Sidwell? Mikel gave us a bit more impetus, but we still lacked anyone with a combination of pace, dribbling, shooting, and intelligent play. United have 3 in Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs. We have Joe Cole and Malouda, but neither have that pace, SWP has the first 3 but he isn't very intelligent in his play, more instinctual then anything. Besides Joe Cole and Malouda aren't wingers, both are Attacking Midfielders who like to move inside.

I liked the Diamond formation much more than this one. All we needed was a diamond like so:

.................Mikel............. .......

Essien..........................Malouda

..............Joe Cole.....................

The diamond just missed Joe Cole, as we had control and possession, but no one to play as the playmaker to feed the strikers "from the middle". Funny enough today Joe Cole was deployed out wide but most of his damage came through the center. We have a strong center, a strong midfield, why not use it. The winger system isn't condusive anymore. We need to revert to the diamond and use Joe Cole at its tip. Give him free reign. When Lamps returns he'll replace Malouda and Malouda can be pushed further forward as second forward behind Drogba or Pizarro.

SWP has been great, but now we see the difference in intelligence from Joe Cole. SWP has pace and ability but his mind and footballing smarts aren't up there. Maybe I shouldn't say they aren't up there, but that they aren't in sync. He is a pure reactionary player, dictated by what the defending player. I think that the above formation would allow all players to do perform in a more natural area. This flat 4-4-2 will leave us open far to often and I don't buy attacking from the wings when you have no proper big CF like Drogba or even Pizarro.

We need a speedy front line and the purchases now don't seem to be up to mustard. Farfan would have been perfect in place of Sheva as he has speed, dribbling and can finish. Sheva can do the last part, but he can't even get open.

Kezza   

Recapping what I posted on the match thread.

It was ironic because few weeks ago Drogba was saying Utd poor start could be an advantage to us and prove important to the title. Then Terry comes out and say the same thing. For crying out loud! This is getting embarassing you guys!

lzheyi   
I can't be the only one worried about our squad status. Looking at out bench I allmost choked. What happend to the times when we had world class players sitting at the bench ready to make an impact. To many machines in our team, people that can only help to controll a game but never CHANGE a game.

Absolutely agree. I certainly missed duffy, eidur, Robben and even kezman!!! At least kezman can hold the ball and create chances for teamates. wheares for Sheva, I really hope he will suceed BUT judging for his displays..... I just dun think so. I mean, everytime the ball passed to him, he either lost it or made a mess........ I just can't stop worry for next week......

I dont think we played that bad, we controlled the first half, and had it not been for a staggeringly incompetent piece of officiating, we'd have won 1-0.

Axless   

beletti n joe MOTM for me ...

Sheva tried so hard but he still unlucky to score ..

Kalou, he's the goalscorer .. enuff !

SWP,florent - nothing much ...

jt n alex - nice combination there ..

Essien n mikel did well in midfield today .. both got chance to shot on goal ..

ashley - 1st half did went up to help joe, but 2d half bit quite ..

Kezza   

Well, the free and cheap buys have been good but it certainly hasn't added any bite or impetus to the team now it seems does it? Suddenly all the 'economical' signings doesn't seem sufficient does it? God knows what the club was trying to prove. That they can live with some decent defensive players and not signing any skilful attackers.