• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOneKEA

Live Match Thread: Manchester United Vs Chelsea

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premiership match against ManU, before and during the game. Keep it intelligent.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in its deletion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally I wouldn't dare to start this thread this early, but with the sudden departure of Jose Mourinho in potentially acrimonious circumstances without a shred of warning (or even the slightest inkling of such!), any preparation that the team would have made will have gone straight out the window.

As a result, does anyone have ANY idea what sort of team would be fielded against Man U, and who would be doing the fielding? With fully massaged details of the departure no doubt plastered all over the papers tomorrow I don't doubt that the team will be so sunk in uncertainty and confusion that we wouldn't be capable of beating anybody, much less Man U at home!

Don't have a clue what formation/players he'll use, but I suspect it'll be pretty similar to the Rosenborg game. It'll be a very interesting match to say the least!

Marwan   

I said earlier that Man U would beat us, but with the current disorganisation, we could take a 3-0 or 4-0 beating. I hope not.

Grant will start:

Cech

Ferreira,Alex,Terry,Cole

Essien,Mikel,Malouda

Joey,Shevy, Kalou

SUBS: Carlo, Tal, Makelele, SWP, Sinclair

I think when you let your manager go the season goes out the window. Anything could happen on sunday.

I couldn't care less about Sunday. I hope we get tonked in the next six games and Sheva has a mare.

I still want the league, and with the players we have, we can make a big push. I'd go with

Cech

Belletti Alex Terry A. Cole

Makelele

SWP Essien

Joe Cole Shevchenko Malouda

Essien and Makelele providing the defensive steel, while SWP, J. Cole, Shevchenko and Malouda provides offence. However, SWP will have to work with Belletti in defence at the right.

(OT: Spot the howler in the OP!)

Now that we know that Grant is the one doing the fielding, I can't help but think that we will field a defensive formation.

Cech

Belletti Alex JT Ash

Joey Essien Sidwell

SWP Sheva Malouda

Mehrino   

I'm expecting something like the game at Anfield last season. I could cope with a 2-0 loss, but expect that Utd will just attack us non-stop from beginning to end.

We'll probably line up like this:

Cech

Tal JT Alex A.Cole

Maka

Essien Mikel

Joey Cole Sheva Malouda

I think saying that we will lose 4-0 is a bit harsh.I can see it ending in a 1-1 draw

Gotta be confident;)