• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

db12d1

Branislav Ivanovic - Goodbye, Farewell, Adios (thanks for the memories).

he's certainly a decent back up centre half or right back if he's prepared to be a squad player. I agree he's not first choice and yes perhaps not a leader but also not the liability some people imply. Unless of course you also want to use that sort of description for both last nights fullbacks who were beaten several times each or our other centre halves all of whom have been caught out this season. 

Re the dig on Motta perhaps its an old school go down fighting thing but I was howling for one of our players to whack one of theirs up in the air or at least put in a strong tackle in the last 20 minutes (obviously not at the expense of a red), we are too nice as a team.

6 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Re the dig on Motta perhaps its an old school go down fighting thing but I was howling for one of our players to whack one of theirs up in the air or at least put in a strong tackle in the last 20 minutes (obviously not at the expense of a red), we are too nice as a team.

If we are going to do that we should do it when we have something to play for, maybe unsettle them a bit!

We are very weak as a team though, miles away from players like Lampard, Ballack, Essien etc who had talent and physicality.

Horrible to say but we have morphed into arsenal over last few seasons, small intricate players and try to play tippy tappy football whilst seemingly strengthening areas that dont need reinforcements whilst neglecting the positions that actually do need to be strengthened.

Need to go 433 with a better leftback than rahman dave at right back zouma + Terry, fabregas mikel (or someone that does that job) and a new Ballack or (pre buggered knee) Essien type player, play 2 wingers, no number 10, with costa uptop, then get the squad numbers upto minimum 20 outfield + 3 keepers with the outfield players of sufficient quality to start without a noticible drop off in quality.

13 hours ago, strong centreback said:

Horrible to say but we have morphed into arsenal over last few seasons, small intricate players and try to play tippy tappy football whilst seemingly strengthening areas that dont need reinforcements whilst neglecting the positions that actually do need to be strengthened.

Need to go 433 with a better leftback than rahman dave at right back zouma + Terry, fabregas mikel (or someone that does that job) and a new Ballack or (pre buggered knee) Essien type player, play 2 wingers, no number 10, with costa uptop, then get the squad numbers upto minimum 20 outfield + 3 keepers with the outfield players of sufficient quality to start without a noticible drop off in quality.

I'd have to agree with this and I wouldn't be surprised if Conte does indeed plump for a 4-3-3. For the LB, I'd actually give Ake a run and for the CM's I'd bring in 2 physical ball winners to play alongside Fabregas. 

As for Ivanovic, I agree with Holymoly and would have him adopt a Paulo Ferreira type role. 

No one I repeat No one can convince me that Ivanovic deserves to be an untouchable.we get the captain leader legend rubbish coming from people like you know who when he has a half-decent game. but when he's at fault for a goal (and trust me there's been a few this season) they go out of their way to blame someone else. we really have to question the level of ambition going forward if he is to be our a) starting right back or b) starting centre back for next season. 

2 hours ago, kennypaul said:

No one I repeat No one can convince me that Ivanovic deserves to be an untouchable.we get the captain leader legend rubbish coming from people like you know who when he has a half-decent game. but when he's at fault for a goal (and trust me there's been a few this season) they go out of their way to blame someone else. we really have to question the level of ambition going forward if he is to be our a) starting right back or b) starting centre back for next season. 

Funny, after watching Azpi trying to advance up the right wing, I am more and more convinced that Ivanovic is a great attacking FB.

On 3/11/2016 at 0:00 PM, A Blue Essien said:

As for Ivanovic, I agree with Holymoly and would have him adopt a Paulo Ferreira type role. 

Is that the same as a Bogaarde role?

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny, after watching Azpi trying to advance up the right wing, I am more and more convinced that Ivanovic is a great attacking FB.

really? well if he's a great attacking full back as you see it then the bar is pretty low at Chelsea 

On 3/13/2016 at 3:35 AM, kennypaul said:

really? well if he's a great attacking full back as you see it then the bar is pretty low at Chelsea 

Time to review this after the latest cameo.