db12d1

Branislav Ivanovic - Goodbye, Farewell, Adios (thanks for the memories).

1,671 posts in this topic

Paulo is 28, big difference.

He and Belletti can play at least 2-3 season, Maka is 34 and still playing on the highest level. As long as they play good, and they playing, we don't need RB.

Paulo on form better from every every RB in the world. Excellent defensively, good offensively.

Paulo best RB in the world - really? thats a shocking statement to make.

I dont think any Chelsea fan can say they are comfortable with our right backs, and most would like us to sign someone solid who will hold the position for next 5 seasons.

Lol, the best RB?

He's Better than S.Ramos ? Better Than Sagna from AFC? And Better Than Belletti?

U may be kidding.

Edited by John The Blue

Paulo best RB in the world - really? thats a shocking statement to make.

When he on form he the best IMO.

I dont think any Chelsea fan can say they are comfortable with our right backs, and most would like us to sign someone solid who will hold the position for next 5 seasons.

I don't know what this obsession to RB's, when we 2 quality RB, they don't good because of the age. Many defenders playing good in 30 and more.

They playing good now, They can play good for number years, SO WHY BRING RB?

They don't showing any sign of weakening because of the age, so why? If they showed then fine, we need RB, but they don't so why?

If to bring multi defender it's ok for me, but because of age? The money better to invest in other postion that need strengthening.

Ferreira isn't the best RB when in form. There are loads that are better imo. Sergio Ramos on form is amazing

What I believe we need, as I remember several people (karan?) calling for in the summer, is a player who is good enough to be first-choice at right back but who can also cover all the other positions across the back.
In the absence of decent cover being signed by way of someone who can play anywhere across the back four, I have to agree. Regardless of people's opinion of Gallas, we've been left seriously wanting since he left.

I think we've got good enough cover at right back until the summer. Not often I wish we could buy a particular player, but I really think we should get Ivanovic in as soon as we can. There are plenty of games he can play in to get himself acclimatised between January and the Summer, even if he is cup-tied for the Champions League.

In the absence of decent cover being signed by way of someone who can play anywhere across the back four, I have to agree. Regardless of people's opinion of Gallas, we've been left seriously wanting since he left.

I think we've got good enough cover at right back until the summer. Not often I wish we could buy a particular player, but I really think we should get Ivanovic in as soon as we can. There are plenty of games he can play in to get himself acclimatised between January and the Summer, even if he is cup-tied for the Champions League.

I agree with this, if we are going to sign this chap (who I've never heard of, so can't comment) then let him get used to league now, for next season.

Still not keen on versatile players though, much rather we just got a top notch solid right back.

I'd love to get Ivanovic in as RB in January/Summer and also bring back Mancienne as 4th choice CB/3rd choice RB, and sell Ben Haim.

Vidic Key To Man Utd Beating Chelsea For Ivanovic

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic could be key to the Reds beating

Chelsea for Lokomotiv Moscow stopper Branislav Ivanovic in January.

The Independent says sources in Serbia suggested yesterday that the presence

of Vidic in the United defence might be an enticement for his compatriot. Ivanovic

has also reportedly attracted the interest of Chelsea with his performances for

the Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow.

Vidic and Ivanovic have played together in the Serbia national side, though while

the Lokomotiv man has played for the full side nine times, he remains a fixture as

captain of the Under-21 team.

The player's agent Marco Naletilic indicated that Ivanovic would prefer to play in

England, though Internazionale, Milan and Juventus are also interested.

The 23-year-old was outstanding in this summer's Under-21 European

Championships in the Netherlands and has indicated that he might be prepared

to leave Moscow.

"If I were to leave Lokomotiv, I would want to join one of the biggest sides in

Europe � either a team in Italy, England or Spain," Ivanovic said this week.

www.theindependant.co.uk

Utd beating us to another bright talent again? We should find a way to stop this, somehow, someday, if, we do something right.