db12d1

Branislav Ivanovic

1,671 posts in this topic

How about a January transfer of this 3 players which could prove wise even in the long run?

1) Nic Anelka from Bolton

2) Branislav Ivanovic from Lokomotiv Moscow

3) Luka Modric from Dinamo Zagreb

How about a January transfer of this 3 players which could prove wise even in the long run?

Anelka will be 29 in new march so it isn't long run.

We playing with 1 striker, so have 2 world class it isn't the wisest thing to do. I prefer young, talented, hungry striker who can with Pizzaro give cover also in ACN and to Drogba.

If we buy the other two plus young striker it will fantastic. But if we buy Anelka I won't cry.

Edited by dannyb1

Thanks for your comments sl353. Always great to hear from people that have seen the player actually play several games instead of just seeing a couple youtube videos.

Sounds good to me :)

I'm not sure about Anelka.. I hope we go for someone younger than him.

Replace Anelka with a young striker like Huntelaar and it'll be good to me too.

Who needs Branislav when Ana Ivanovic is now a Chelsea fan.

TOCFCWS - A SERVING OF BLUES FOR TENNIS STAR

Young tennis sensation Ana Ivanovic was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday watching the West Ham game.

The 21-year-old took a break from her busy training schedule to come to the London derby, surveying the game from the West Stand's facilities.

'It was a lot of fun, I don't follow football that much but maybe from today I will be a bigger fan.

'The second-half was really interesting and the atmosphere was great out there and Joe Cole, who scored the goal, was great,' said the Serbian tennis ace.

Ivanovic, who is currently ranked fourth in the world by the Women's Tennis Association (WTA), felt that the ambience at a tennis match would never be the same as that at a football game.

'It's really different, we have much less spectators and they are quiet during the points.

'That's really important for tennis players because a lot of people don't realise but it's also the sound of the ball that we appreciate.

'But the atmosphere was great and I think it would be fun to play a tennis match like that.

'It's amazing; I saw today it was almost 42,000 people. That's something that we never get in tennis and obviously football players are very popular, especially in England.

'Football is one of the major sports here so it's nice to see that people appreciate that.'

This may have been the first time that Ivanovic has ever watched a football game in England, but the 2007 French Open finalist is no stranger to the game.

'My uncle was a football player, he played for Partizan and now he is coaching at a small club in Belgrade, he was a little bit jealous of me being here.'

With influences like those in her upbringing Ivanovic feels that, although the two games are entirely different, there are a few parallels.

'Obviously it is very competitive and I think any sports you play you just want to win but it is very hard to compare because football is a team sport and tennis is an individual sport but I think the mental strength and the fitness are something we have in common.'

Understandably, after her Stamford Bridge experience, the young tennis star has been converted into a True Blue.

'I will definitely support Chelsea, I really loved the game and the second-half was really interesting.

'They were really aggressive and it was fun so from now on I will support Chelsea.'

I'm sure I can be excused for digressing from topic. ;)

sl353, thanks for the comments. Personally I'm a defence-first person when it comes to full-backs, so it's very pleasing to hear he can defend well. The fact he can attack too is the cherry on the icing.

If he's as good as you say he is, he might be a good option.

I'm sure I can be excused for digressing from topic. ;)

I only noticed her in the French Open and I was cheering her all the way.

The Serbia international is a confirmed target for Chelsea, Juventus and Inter Milan, but the Manchester Evening News says United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is also keen. Ferguson has admitted that cover for Patrice Evra at left back maybe the only position he will strengthen in the January transfer window.

And a mid-winter trip to Russia could be on the cards with Lokomotiv Moscow's £10m-rated versatile defender on the Reds radar.

Though left back is the berth that Ivanovic could be brought in to fight for, he would also be added cover for Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand.

The Serb can also play at right back comfortably and with Gary Neville's long term future still not nailed down it would be another plus for any potential swoop.

I don't believe he will go to Man U, as they don't need him. They probably will bring Shorey or Sangol, and they have 2 Brazilian kids that will come next year . Also there is no Lokomotiv games in the next month or maybe there is in UEFA Cup.

tnose 2 brazilian kids you mention, are the twins and they are going to become the 2 world best RB and LB. especially the LB Fabio. when I saw them play I was really impressed, and then I found out that they were already sold to Man U, what a shame.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=68393

Vidic key to Man Utd beating Chelsea for Ivanovic

tribalfootball.com - December 07, 2007

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic could be key to the Reds beating Chelsea for Lokomotiv Moscow stopper Branislav Ivanovic in January.

The Independent says sources in Serbia suggested yesterday that the presence of Vidic in the United defence might be an enticement for his compatriot. Ivanovic has also reportedly attracted the interest of Chelsea with his performances for the Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow.

Vidic and Ivanovic have played together in the Serbia national side, though while the Lokomotiv man has played for the full side nine times, he remains a fixture as captain of the Under-21 team.

The player's agent Marco Naletilic indicated that Ivanovic would prefer to play in England, though Internazionale, Milan and Juventus are also interested.

The 23-year-old was outstanding in this summer's Under-21 European Championships in the Netherlands and has indicated that he might be prepared to leave Moscow.

"If I were to leave Lokomotiv, I would want to join one of the biggest sides in Europe � either a team in Italy, England or Spain," Ivanovic said this week.