• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Champions League Knock-out Is Drawing Closer: Its Olympiakos!

After having watched Celtic going through tonight to the knowck-out round I started speculating on who we can face in the next round. As we all know by now, we are qualified as group winners.

The following teams are possible opponents in February:

Group A: Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group C: Real Madrid, Olympiacos, Bremen, Lazio

Group D: Celtic

Group E: Rangers, Lyon

Group F: Roma

Group G: Fenerbache, PSV

Group H: Sevilla

I'd quite fancy drawing Real Madrid should they fail to win their group. Bremen, Lazio and PSV also looks interesting. So does Marseille. I'd want to avoid the greek and turkish teams (for obvious reasons), as well as the british duo from north the boarder and Seville. We faced Porto at the same stage last season so I'd like to avoid them as well. Lyon and Roma looks like dangerous candidates although they seem to be overwhelmed at the higher levels of the competition judged by history.

But my absolute favorite would be Real Madrid. Cracking games that would be. As well as having an opportunity to put Robben back at his place. Runner up would be PSV.

Who'd you prefer and when is the draw?

Atr   

I don't think we've settled enough to be ready to meet Real so early. Maybe when Avram's had more time.

Avoiding the Greek, Turkish teams and Porto, I wouldn't mind Lazio. They're a good club, I've enjoyed our games with them in the past and should give a good game.

Trident   

Just a curiosity here but

why should avoid the Greek and Turkish teams

I'd be a lot happier if we met Olympiakos or Fenerbache in the knockouts than Sevilla or PSV or other generally better teams

simon   

I hope we get PSV, love going to Holland and its nice and cheap to get there and also accommodation.

youthy   
Celtic or Rangers would be good for me

Yes I think this would be a good draw.

But out of the two I'd prefer Celtic.