• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WashingtonBlue

Best Boxing Film Ever?

In the wake of Hatton-Mayweather, what do you reckon is the best boxing-themed movie of all time?

I have to give it to Million Dollar Baby.

I think the moment when Eastwood told Hilary what Mo Kushna meant in gaelic before administering the OD was the only time I was seriously in danger of weeping openly in a movie theater. And the tragic turn of events -- which I had not been warned about -- took me by complete surprise. I was expecting it to finish in typical Hollywood fashion (I.e., Rocky beats the evil Clubber Lang) but then remembered it was an Eastwood-directed film and bound to end as a thought-provoking tragedy.

Not a boxing film fan person, but I thought Million Dollar Baby was a great film which had warmth.

On the other hand, I was warned about the ending due to quite a stupid controversey in the media. I would've enjoyed it even more had I not known the ending. If people have a problem with the film, they really should shut up about it or complain elsewhere. Can't leave ordinary folk from watching a bloody film in peace.

I digress. MDB was a very good film.

Raging Bull

Got to be..................................The Champ!

Only joking, Million Dollar Baby for me.

syza   

Raging bull or The Hurricane for me, although the hurricane is barely a boxing film, haha.

Last post was a joke btw! lol! Got to go with the Rocky films, Rocky 4, smashing Ivan Drago apart! Love it!