• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Redmond

Fa Cup Fantasy Challenge!

Well!

The engine that runs it is the same as the one that runs the PremierLeague.com Fantasy league a bunch of us do. Obviously, this is only for Fantasy Nuts like me. The main differences are you can only have a squad of 12, plus naturally it includes a lot of teams outside the Premiership. There are some intriguing Round 3 ties (see below). So you could get a hat trick out of, say, a Swansea forward (Leaders of League 1) as they play Havant & Waterloo from the Conference South. Nifty huh? For Round 3, you can only pick 1 player from each team.

http://facup.cyki.com

I've created a CFCnet minileague which you are hugely welcome to join, if you're really that obsessive. Enter the code 71-27 to join.

FA Cup Fixtures Round 3 :

Saturday, 05 January 2008

Aston Villa v Man Utd, R3, 15:00

Barnsley v Blackpool, R3, 15:00

Blackburn v Coventry, R3, 15:00

Bolton v Sheff Utd, R3, 15:00

Brighton v Mansfield, R3, 15:00

Bristol City v Middlesbrough, R3, 15:00

Charlton v West Brom, R3, 15:00

Chasetown v Cardiff, R3, 15:00

Chelsea v QPR, R3, 15:00

Colchester v Peterborough, R3, 15:00

Everton v Oldham, R3, 15:00

Huddersfield v Birmingham, R3, 15:00

Ipswich v Portsmouth, R3, 15:00

Norwich v Bury, R3, 15:00

Plymouth v Hull, R3, 15:00

Preston v Scunthorpe, R3, 15:00

Southampton v Leicester, R3, 15:00

Southend v Dag & Red, R3, 15:00

Sunderland v Wigan, R3, 15:00

Swansea v Havant and W, R3, 15:00

Swindon v Barnet, R3, 15:00

Tottenham v Reading, R3, 15:00

Tranmere v Hereford, R3, 15:00

Walsall v Millwall, R3, 15:00

Watford v Crystal Palace, R3, 15:00

West Ham v Man City, R3, 15:00

Wolverhampton v Cambridge Utd, R3, 14:00

Sunday, 06 January 2008

Burnley v Arsenal, R3, 14:00

Derby v Sheff Wed, R3, 14:00

Fulham v Bristol Rovers, R3, 14:00

Luton v Liverpool, R3, 16:00

Stoke v Newcastle, R3, 18:00

Richard,

It seems that you're really into your Fantasy Football so I wondered if you had come across the Play The Game version offered by the Times? I can't claim to be an FF expert but for me this is the best by a zillion miles.

You draft a squad of twenty players who become owned by you exclusively then you get the opportunity to select your team on a match-to-match basis taking fitness, form & opponents into account. You can pick up out-of-contract players on frees and negotiate real transfers with the other managers in your league. Entry is free and the prizes are decent too. The first monthly prze winner got tickets, travel, accomadation & transfers for four people to the Premier League game of his choice plus £200 spending money!

If you don't already know PTG take a look and tell me what you think. If you, the expert, gives it the thumbs up maybe one of us can set up a CFCnet league for the remainder of this season. (December 28th is the closing date.) The page that you access with the above link has other links to an audio-visual demo plaus all the other stuff you'd like to know. If you'd like to take a closer look at how the game works let me know & I'll send you my log in details, privately, so you can nose around. (As long as you promise not sell anybody of course!)

Created a club and joined your league.

Just one problem. My team's name is 'Pure Magic'. You're is (Richard's) 'Blue Magic'. I'd accuse you of copying me, but you made your team name first ;)

Bridgejunky, your game actually sounds very interesting. I'll have to give the rules another read to make sure what it is, but it sounds like it's very good to play with others.

I'm not sure if I got that right, but does it mean that only one person in the league can have a certain player (in order for transfers etc...)? Or more can, but transfers are made to change players?

Scott Sinclair is with QPR if anyone's looking for him and can't find him with Chelsea. Bought him anyways. When they shift him back to Chelsea, I hope, I'll sneak through with two Chelsea players. Mwahahahaha

Edit: To heck with it, I got Cork, Bertrand, Sinclair and Smith all with their loaned clubs. If they all cameback and started, not that I'm saying they would, I'd have 5 Chelsea players. *Quite long evil laugh*

I can't seem to register it just says : There was an error in your registration, please correct the highlighted fields

The only highlighted field is the password one and I haven't done anything wrong.

Problem solved and I've joined the league. Brighton v Mansfield = Easy money there , I just had to get Bas Savage.

Bridgejunky, your game actually sounds very interesting. I'll have to give the rules another read to make sure what it is, but it sounds like it's very good to play with others.

I'm not sure if I got that right, but does it mean that only one person in the league can have a certain player (in order for transfers etc...)? Or more can, but transfers are made to change players?

Yep, I love it Nona & you are right, only one team can own a player. Instead of tens of thousands of players in just one league, there are hundereds of leagues each with a maximum of 20 players. That means that you compete directly with the other 19 teams in your own league. If you have Petr Cech then no one else in your league can own him. Of course lots of managers in 'other' leagues will own him but your game is entirely separate from any others. Transfers happen within your own league only and your points are registered against your direct opponents only. The scoring system is fantastic too; I find it more realistic than any FF I've played before.

You're also right about it being a good game to play with others and it's definitely not the 'pick your team and forget about it' kind of FF. You need to actively manage your team to get the most out of it. For example I have Joe Hart in one of my teams but had the good sense to drop him for City's visit to The Bridge!

As far as the prizes go, everyone in the top three of their own league at the end of each game month goes into a draw and each league winner will go into a draw for the main prize at the end of the season.

There is so much more to this game that I'm convinced everyone who tries it will love it too. I won't say anymore now but leave you to check it out instead. I will try to answer any questions you might have though.

Richard,

If you don't already know PTG take a look and tell me what you think. If you, the expert, gives it the thumbs up maybe one of us can set up a CFCnet league for the remainder of this season. (December 28th is the closing date.) The page that you access with the above link has other links to an audio-visual demo plaus all the other stuff you'd like to know. If you'd like to take a closer look at how the game works let me know & I'll send you my log in details, privately, so you can nose around. (As long as you promise not sell anybody of course!)

Well, being completely barmy, I signed up for this one last August but at the time it looked like there weren't going to be enough teams in the "Chelsea 12" league, so I forgot all about it. Today was the first time I logged in since. Apparently the league got it's required number of players and I'm midtable despite having a number of longterm injured players in my lineup. So I'm no expert on it, but having further twiddled about with it for half an hour just now, it still seems a little bit annoying I'm afraid. Maybe I'm just an impatient git, but there you go. Cheers anyway Bridgejunky!

Just one problem. My team's name is 'Pure Magic'. You're is (Richard's) 'Blue Magic'. I'd accuse you of copying me, but you made your team name first ;)

I only called it that because me and the wife saw American Gangster in the Cinema last Monday :-)

Well, being completely barmy, I signed up for this one last August but at the time it looked like there weren't going to be enough teams in the "Chelsea 12" league, so I forgot all about it. Today was the first time I logged in since. Apparently the league got it's required number of players and I'm midtable despite having a number of longterm injured players in my lineup. So I'm no expert on it, but having further twiddled about with it for half an hour just now, it still seems a little bit annoying I'm afraid. Maybe I'm just an impatient git, but there you go. Cheers anyway Bridgejunky!

Tried to set this up at the start of the season, but there wasnt any interest and the deadline run out, if anyone elsde wants to set one up post the details here