• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flo17

Movies

The Batman trailer was shown before Indy and I must say it looks amazing! I've been looking forward to it for a long time, especially after the quality of Batman Begins (THE best superhero movie IMO).

Amen bro! After the shocking Batman & Robin it injected a massive amount of credibilty and class back into the franchise. It was worthy of some of the best Graphic novels that have been written. I'm hoping one day they will make films of the Batman/Bane/Azrael story line. it would make a great 2 parter.

JAFFA   
Amen bro! After the shocking Batman & Robin it injected a massive amount of credibilty and class back into the franchise. It was worthy of some of the best Graphic novels that have been written. I'm hoping one day they will make films of the Batman/Bane/Azrael story line. it would make a great 2 parter.

No disrespect intended .... But I didn't have you down as a comics fan :-)

wacko   

The Dark Knight Returns for me, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to movie.

Marshall Law could make a cracking movie, or Slaine.

JAFFA   
The Dark Knight Returns for me, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to movie.

The Dark Knight Returns is (along with The Watchmen) one of the finest comics ever produced. The problems with committing it to film involve the audience being familiar with the mythology and lore built up over decades through the individual comics. Many people who haven't read the comics but seen the films wouldnt relate well to the premise. 'Batmans 55 years old now?!? .... And Robins a little GIRL? WTF!?!'

I agree that Marshall Law could make a great film if handled correctly. And although I was a fan of 2000ad in my youth (I have over 1500 editions in digital cbr format), I've never been a fan of Slaine.

Johnny Nemo anyone?

No disrespect intended .... But I didn't have you down as a comics fan :-)

None taken my friend. Basically when my son was growing I thought I'd introduce him to an old hobby of mine which was Batman comics and collecting Batman cards. The 90s was I think a great era for comics with the Zero Hour, The Death of Jason Todd, KnightFall, KnightQuest, Knights End, The Death of Superman and The Reign of The Supermen, The Return of Superman and some great villains in bane and Doomsday. I haven't re-read the comics for a while but do occasionally flick through some of the dozens of card sets I helped him collect and all those Shiney rare chase cards we scoured Card Fairs for. I recently went to a card fair and picked up a couple of missing chase cards from the DC Master Series 94. I know this makes me sound like a complete anorak but I fear one day comics and cards may become a lost art-form.

Anyway, I hope they do the Knights series as a film and also the Superman Death/Reign/Return saga and do them both justice.

JAFFA   
None taken my friend. Basically when my son was growing I thought I'd introduce him to an old hobby of mine which was Batman comics and collecting Batman cards. The 90s was I think a great era for comics with the Zero Hour, The Death of Jason Todd, KnightFall, KnightQuest, Knights End, The Death of Superman and The Reign of The Supermen, The Return of Superman and some great villains in bane and Doomsday. I haven't re-read the comics for a while but do occasionally flick through some of the dozens of card sets I helped him collect and all those Shiney rare chase cards we scoured Card Fairs for. I recently went to a card fair and picked up a couple of missing chase cards from the DC Master Series 94. I know this makes me sound like a complete anorak but I fear one day comics and cards may become a lost art-form.

Anyway, I hope they do the Knights series as a film and also the Superman Death/Reign/Return saga and do them both justice.

For various reasons I stopped reading them (with the odd exception) in about 91. I used to collect (and still have) most of the Marvel/DC titles and what was then Dark Horse Comics. So I'm unfamiliar with some of what you kisted. I recall Knightfall and the Death Of Superman but not the others. Dont know Bane or Doomsday either ...

I was going to sell my comics (and still plan to eventually) but its going to be a royal pain in the bum to actually catalogue what I've got. And then there's all that mint/near mint/fine/very fine/etc bumpf to deal with as well. Whats wrong with mint/good/average/bad/tatty-as-f**k??!

But back on topic .... I hear they are making a Captain America film. Which is set in WW2 so perhaps we'll see Bucky! :p

For various reasons I stopped reading them (with the odd exception) in about 91. I used to collect (and still have) most of the Marvel/DC titles and what was then Dark Horse Comics. So I'm unfamiliar with some of what you kisted. I recall Knightfall and the Death Of Superman but not the others. Dont know Bane or Doomsday either ...

I was going to sell my comics (and still plan to eventually) but its going to be a royal pain in the bum to actually catalogue what I've got. And then there's all that mint/near mint/fine/very fine/etc bumpf to deal with as well. Whats wrong with mint/good/average/bad/tatty-as-f**k??!

But back on topic .... I hear they are making a Captain America film. Which is set in WW2 so perhaps we'll see Bucky! :p

Bane was the guy who "Broke the Batman" in Knightfall and let all the villains out of Arkam. His character appears as a ****ing joke third villain in Batman and Robin. Doomsday was the evil monster that killed Superman.

But, back on topic as you say, Captain America wasn't a favourite of mine but, it was a ballsy decision to kill him off (in the 80s)? It would be quite interesting to see how he's portrayed in the noughties.

Agreed Wacko the Dark Night Returns is a classic graphic novel.

Are you familiar with the Hitman comics by Garth Ennis. About as graphic as a comic can be - very well written. I think it finished after a run of 50.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

Comics are also my guilty secret lads although I'm your typical Marvel fan boy. Been collecting for about 12 years so as you can imagine I have quite a collection. Obviously with Marvel there are several spawns of each character(s) you obviously have the very popular Ultimates Series and the new Civil War series.

Comics are fantastic and although I still attribute a sense of being a geek when I'm backing and boarding them I wouldn't give them up.

JAFFA   
Are you familiar with the Hitman comics by Garth Ennis.

Speaking of Garth Ennis - I'm a fan of the Preacher :-) Esp when imagined by Steve Dillon