• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

My end of year list:

Movie to avoid even on pain of death:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Absolute garbage.

G.I. Joe. Sienna Miller's endless beauty can't save this to make it just bad. 'nuff said.

Bad movies:

Transformers 2. However, it isn't as bad as they say. Just regular, ordinary, Hollywood bad. The crap written above was far worse.

Madea goes to Jail: Why do people say they like it?

Knowing: It was decent for a good deal, but the rest (including the end) pushed it down.

Not bad movies, and I wanted to like them, but I just ended up not liking them:

Inglourious Basterds

Watchmen: Really like Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan's flashback was good, the Comedian was interestingly angering me the whole time. Everyone and everything else completely boring. I had the comics for a while thanks to someone, but my life was so hectic I hadn't been able to read them and moved and didn't have them. Will give them a chance in the future, but I'll have to give the movie version time to fade in memory. However, I thought V for Vendetta had an infinitely better story in my view.

Decent movies, perhaps DVD for most:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: watch if you like the series, otherwise why would you be interested. More Voldemort and less kissing for the next one, ffs.

Duplicity

Adventureland

Taken.

The International

Angels and Demons: Better book than Da Vinci Code, thus better movie than Da Vinci Code.

Fast and Furious: Leave your brain at the door and watch cars go vroom-vroom fast.

Enjoyable

I Love You Man

The Hangover

Funny People

Favourites:

State of Play: I've seen the first episode of the British version and will work my way through them one day, but I really like the American one.

Star Trek: Never watched a ST movie/episode before, but enjoyed this. Go figure.

500 Days of Summer

District 9

Movies I've yet to see that I hope to soon:

Sherlock Holmes

Up

Up in the Air

Most fall movies. I've fallen behind on them and will go through them as usual in the stale January-March period.

I recommend French film, District 13. Watched it in class and rated it the only good French film. All the other ones are ridiculous.

Loved it and saw it years back. Saw the sequel too just this past week.

Still cracks me up that one of the two main guys in that movie looks like the lead in this sitcom.

In his search for true love, he kicks ass while running across rooftops in the Banlieue of Paris.

Sir   

Why Inglorious ?

My pal said it was very good, plus I just bought it and Public Enemies on blu ray!

scanz   

Watched The Hurt Locker the other day, brilliant film. Also watched The Taking of Pelham 123, was good, but was just a predictable hostage film - you knew what was going to happen.

yugam   

Public Enemies on blu ray!

I thought Inglorious was pretty good but Public Enemies was crap(I had high hopes from it)..

yugam   

Also watched The Taking of Pelham 123, was good, but was just a predictable hostage film - you knew what was going to happen.

The original The Taking of Pehlam One Two Three was made in 1974 starring Walter Matthau as the Lt. and it was very well made.It was simple but very engaging.haven't seen the 2009 one so can't compare them..

MHL G13   

I watched Harry Brown over the Christmas which I enjoyed. A bit of a far fetched British Death Wish but better than most of the American drivel currently on offer.

Looking forward to seeing the new Ian Dury film "Sex Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll" soon hopefully. I hope it does the man justice.

Sir   

I thought Inglorious was pretty good but Public Enemies was crap(I had high hopes from it)..

:(

I'll watch it soon and The Godfather on Blu-Ray which I still haven't seen!