• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

Hashim   

I refused to! But some of my mates did their faces after was unreal...and to think they didn't even watch to halfway!

Tom Six must be demented!

bornblue   

I refused to! But some of my mates did their faces after was unreal...and to think they didn't even watch to halfway!

Halfway? Bloody lightweights!

In all honesty The Human Centipede is just a bit of schlock B-movie fun, not to be taken too seriously. There is little actual gore, the horror comes from the situation. It is a little on the demented side (in a good way!) but I'd rather sit through 10 Human Centipedes than something like Hostel (which has a tenth of the originality of THC on 10 times the budget and still turns out like a 13 yeard old metalhead's wetdream. Eli Roth is a twunt).

I look forward to the upcoming sequel - The Human Centipede (Full Sequence) - forget 3 people, try 12!

Some notables I've seen recently;

Antichrist - one of the best starts to a film I've seen in years, beautifully shot but could do without the gratuitous cock and balls shot that Von Trier seems to like 'shocking' us with. Pretty tough film though and extremely gruesome at times.

Coming to America - classic. Say no more.

The Collector - utter shite heist film meets Saw. Avoid at all costs.

Book of Eli - Denzel Washington in a post apocalyptic America wandering about in a semi Clint Eastwood style generally 'sorting geezers out'. A good yarn with a nice twist.

The Dukes of Hazzard. - Jessica Simpson (splodge) is the only reason to watch this.

127 hours - instantly recognisable as a Danny Boyle film. People get a bit upset with the whole 'arm thing' but aside from a couple of 'ouch' moments and some wincing it's not bad at all. As a whole though really nicely paced, great cinematography and actually rather emotive. Highly recommended.

Into the Wild - up until 127 hours probably the best film I'd seen in a long while. College dropout shuns society and buggers off into the middle of nowhere. Lots of flashback narrative that really sucks you in. Lovefilm this badboy, you won't regret it!

Into the Wild - up until 127 hours probably the best film I'd seen in a long while. College dropout shuns society and buggers off into the middle of nowhere. Lots of flashback narrative that really sucks you in. Lovefilm this badboy, you won't regret it!

Or even better, read the book by Jon Krakauer about Christopher McCandless. Superb read. It covers the same events as the film while delving deeper into his family life to try and see why he did it. The author does a superb job of both telling the tale and helping you relate to McCandless and his family. Thought-provoking, inspiring and heart-breaking in equal measures.

Sir   

I saw The Godfather, for the first time the other week. Not as good as what I had hoped it was going to be!

I saw The Godfather, for the first time the other week. Not as good as what I had hoped it was going to be!

Same here, I saw the majority of the first one which was very good and the whole of the second which dragged on a bit but I think that's what everyone says. Anyone know what the third is like?

Well, the villains for the dark knight rises have been announced:Bane and catwoman.

Aww, Bane should be awesome but I've never liked catwoman. Would've preferred Poison Ivy (played by Megan Fox :P) or the Penguin.