• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

Transformers 3 - Thoughts?

I'm stealing this from somewhere I can't remember but it makes my point succinctly:

I don't quite know how they managed to make killer talking robots so mind-numbingly mundane. Those films are just so...boring.

Guest DDA Drogbar   
Guest DDA Drogbar

I'm stealing this from somewhere I can't remember but it makes my point succinctly:

I don't quite know how they managed to make killer talking robots so mind-numbingly mundane. Those films are just so...boring.

Once you've seen one Michael Bay film, you kind of get the gist of what he's about.

Once you've seen one Michael Bay film, you kind of get the gist of what he's about.

Complete garbage. I actually found Transformers 2 offensively bad. Needless to say I haven't seen the third one but as you say I'm guessing more of the same.

Sir   

Watched Ferris Bueller's day off last night.... Epic move. Seen it once before, but so good! Wasn't born when it came out, but it really is a great film!

Watched Ferris Bueller's day off last night.... Epic move. Seen it once before, but so good! Wasn't born when it came out, but it really is a great film!

Damn,you make me feel old. The 80's were a good time for 'Coming of Age' type films.

Ric   

Watched four lions, not fall about funny, but did have its moments. It was a very British film!

Edited to get rid of null?

Edited by Ric

bert19   

Watched four lions, not fall about funny, but did have its moments. It was a very British film!

Edited to get rid of null?

I really enjoyed Four Lions.

I watched a film called 'The Guard' the other day. Irish film about a policeman in Galway. Well worth a watch. Although you probably have to enjoy Irish humour to really get into it.

Ric   

I loved the guard, bit silly at the end but good fun.

(null) edited but just can't be bothered with the null!

Edited by Ric

Recommend Take Shelter for anyone who hasn't seen or heard of it. Also, Martha, Marcy, May Marlene and We Need to Talk About Kevin are particularly good, (albeit heavy going) with great performances particularly from Elisabeth Olsen and Tilda Swinton respectively.