• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

CFC-Joe   

Similar in what way? Original or remake?

Original. Cliched. Over the top.

I really enjoyed Four Lions.

I watched a film called 'The Guard' the other day. Irish film about a policeman in Galway. Well worth a watch. Although you probably have to enjoy Irish humour to really get into it.

The Guard is a quality film, but yes, I think you need to understand Irish humour to "get" all of it and appreciate it fully

The Guard is a quality film, but yes, I think you need to understand Irish humour to "get" all of it and appreciate it fully

I loved this film although I didn't get a few jokes. Reminded me of one of my all-time favourites including Brendan Gleeson, In Bruges.

bornblue   

Original. Cliched. Over the top.

The cliches are supposed to be there as exactly that though, aren't they? Just to be riffed on?

CFC-Joe   

The cliches are supposed to be there as exactly that though, aren't they? Just to be riffed on?

Yeah, I know. But it was just ridiculous imo.

bornblue   

Yeah, I know. But it was just ridiculous imo.

Oh well, each to their own. I enjoyed it a lot.

CFC-Joe   

Watched Bad Teacher the other day. Worst film ever. Except for the obvious attractions.

Saw Prometheus last night. If you're a fan of the Alien films, you'll be disappointed. Yes, it's a good film, but it finishes with you asking more questions than you did before you went in. Fassbender is quality and Charlize Theron is fit as a butcher's dog.

They could make another to fill in the gap left by this one and the 1st Alien film. If you like Sci-Fi, you'll like this,especially in 3D.

Harvz   

They could make another to fill in the gap left by this one and the 1st Alien film.

I'm sure that was all part of the plan to get more money out of your pocket in the future! Going to see it tonight.