• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

I just watched the Baader Meinhof Complex on the BBC iplayer. Great film if you like them gritty and with subtitles. Very well acted and if you're old like me, will still remember the events like it was yesterday,especially the '72 Olympics.

I saw this when it came out - I went with someone who remembers them well. Good film.

Slightly different, but even better was The Lives of Others set at at similar time in East Germany based around some minor political dissidents and the security poice who listen in on them. The Baader Meinhof story is a great story. The lives of others is a great film.

Anyone watched Munich?

Haven't watched Munich yet,but it's on my 'To Watch' list. Worth a look? The 70's were a strange time for politics and terrorist groups. I remember being caught up in 2 bomb threats from the IRA. One at the Post Office Tower and the other at a Regimental Museum where I live now.

Zidane   

Just saw Tropa de Elite 2, AKA Elite Squad 2 last night. Just been introduced to these films, and they are fantastic.

Sciatika   

Snow White and the Huntsman is a decent film if you've got a couple of hours spare.

I was hoping that someone had finally got around to doing a film based on the Neil Gaiman short story from "Smoke and Mirrors", so was a little disappointed.

I was hoping that someone had finally got around to doing a film based on the Neil Gaiman short story from "Smoke and Mirrors", so was a little disappointed.

Great short story, although 'Other People' always goes down as my favourite Gaiman short. A very simple but complete idea, concisely and elegantly put. I just hope no-one gets round to butchering the Sandman for the big screen.

Really annoyed that Cineworld took Maniac off all bar three UK screens after just a week ... I'm a Cineworld pass holder so won't be forking out another £10+ to see it elsewhere.

Subjected myself to a day of stupid comedy horror films yesterday rather than go out in the cold ... Cockneys vs Zombies is daft and mostly tired, but if you've ever wondered whether or not West Ham and Millwall fans would behave any differently towards each other if undead I suggest you check it out ...

Finally got to watch Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy. Damn, what a film! Great acting through out,brilliant cast. Still think I need to see it again to take it all in. Not quite the McCarthy Witch-Hunt, but the paranoia was the same.

Loved the Christmas Sing-a-long of the USSR National anthem.

I re-watched the TV series just a few years ago, so the new film was good but not a competitor to the Alec Guiness version.

The Croods - just watched it with my daughter. Not perfect but very good - the best animation film I have seen since the Incredibles, and almost as many Dads with tears in their eyes.

Ric   

seven psychopaths is just a bloody great film. Really enjoyed the chaos and soul the actors and director managed to capture!

Recommend "A Hijacking" to all featuring a great performance from Søren Malling (The Killing, Borgen etc...)

Riveting stuff.

Runner runner is a really good movie. There weren't produceв many interesting movies this year. It is about poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur.

Watch this movie, you'll enjoy it