Flo17

Movies

1,463 posts in this topic

Not for KIDS!!!

Anthropoid is an excellent offering.

I, Daniel Blake is one of the most powerful and upsetting films that I have seen. It will not put a spring in your step.

It is a film that gives the viewer an insight into the deprevation and hopelessness that some areas of the country face each and every day. And, if have been unfortunate to have to 'Sign On', you will recognise the bureaucracy of the system and also the desperation of having to ask for help at a 'Food Bank'. 

Having used both myself, all I can say, is that the shame is on those that caused it in the first place, not those who have found themselves there.

It will not cheer you up, but it's up there with 'Boys from the Black Stuff', an 80's series set in Liverpool.

36 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

I, Daniel Blake is one of the most powerful and upsetting films that I have seen. It will not put a spring in your step.

It is a film that gives the viewer an insight into the deprevation and hopelessness that some areas of the country face each and every day. And, if have been unfortunate to have to 'Sign On', you will recognise the bureaucracy of the system and also the desperation of having to ask for help at a 'Food Bank'. 

Having used both myself, all I can say, is that the shame is on those that caused it in the first place, not those who have found themselves there.

It will not cheer you up, but it's up there with 'Boys from the Black Stuff', an 80's series set in Liverpool.

I've just had a look at the trailer. Palm D'or winner I see. 

I'll be giving this a watch. Thanks. 

As an aside It's a good thing we aren't a gun owning society as some of these bureaucrats would cause Hungerford style massacres with the way they deal with desperate people. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

I've just had a look at the trailer. Palm D'or winner I see. 

I'll be giving this a watch. Thanks. 

As an aside It's a good thing we aren't a gun owning society as some of these bureaucrats would cause Hungerford style massacres with the way they deal with desperate people. 

They do it on purpose , that's how they're trained.

Awful isn't it?

On a lighter note, Arrival is an excellent film. 

4 hours ago, Ham said:

On a lighter note, Arrival is an excellent film. 

A thinking mans film?

38 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

A thinking mans film?

I think so

Anyone seen "Hypernormalisation" by Adam Curtis .

That's a real eye opener.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Anyone seen "Hypernormalisation" by Adam Curtis .

That's a real eye opener.

On my "to watch" list.  I presume it is still on the iplayer.

I've watched a few of his things, and they are certainly interesting.  The Challenge for re-writes of history are that so few people read/watch them, and we all move on to newer stories.  Oliver Stones "The Untold History of the United States" is good too, and a little easier to follow than Curtis.

Edited by Droy was my hero