Flo17

Movies

1,463 posts in this topic

 

Not for KIDS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthropoid is an excellent offering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, Daniel Blake is one of the most powerful and upsetting films that I have seen. It will not put a spring in your step.

It is a film that gives the viewer an insight into the deprevation and hopelessness that some areas of the country face each and every day. And, if have been unfortunate to have to 'Sign On', you will recognise the bureaucracy of the system and also the desperation of having to ask for help at a 'Food Bank'. 

Having used both myself, all I can say, is that the shame is on those that caused it in the first place, not those who have found themselves there.

It will not cheer you up, but it's up there with 'Boys from the Black Stuff', an 80's series set in Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

I, Daniel Blake is one of the most powerful and upsetting films that I have seen. It will not put a spring in your step.

It is a film that gives the viewer an insight into the deprevation and hopelessness that some areas of the country face each and every day. And, if have been unfortunate to have to 'Sign On', you will recognise the bureaucracy of the system and also the desperation of having to ask for help at a 'Food Bank'. 

Having used both myself, all I can say, is that the shame is on those that caused it in the first place, not those who have found themselves there.

It will not cheer you up, but it's up there with 'Boys from the Black Stuff', an 80's series set in Liverpool.

I've just had a look at the trailer. Palm D'or winner I see. 

I'll be giving this a watch. Thanks. 

As an aside It's a good thing we aren't a gun owning society as some of these bureaucrats would cause Hungerford style massacres with the way they deal with desperate people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ham said:

I've just had a look at the trailer. Palm D'or winner I see. 

I'll be giving this a watch. Thanks. 

As an aside It's a good thing we aren't a gun owning society as some of these bureaucrats would cause Hungerford style massacres with the way they deal with desperate people. 

They do it on purpose , that's how they're trained.

Awful isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a lighter note, Arrival is an excellent film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ham said:

On a lighter note, Arrival is an excellent film. 

 

A thinking mans film?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

 

A thinking mans film?

I think so

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone seen "Hypernormalisation" by Adam Curtis .

That's a real eye opener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Anyone seen "Hypernormalisation" by Adam Curtis .

That's a real eye opener.

On my "to watch" list.  I presume it is still on the iplayer.

I've watched a few of his things, and they are certainly interesting.  The Challenge for re-writes of history are that so few people read/watch them, and we all move on to newer stories.  Oliver Stones "The Untold History of the United States" is good too, and a little easier to follow than Curtis.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now