• Current Donation Goals

Flo17

Movies

I watched 'American Pie : Beta House' the other night. It's absolutely fantastic! Best American Pie film since the original 3.

Most enjoyed films from 2007: Saw IV, Blades of Glory, 300, Transformers, Oceans 13, Bourne Ultimatum and (sadly) The Golden Compass.

Looking forward to the obvious one, Dark Knight, intrigued to see how Heath Ledger pulls off the Joker. Tall ask in surpassing Jack Nicholson.

My favs: Gladiator, The Patriot, The Crow, Snatch, Layer Cake, Fight Club, American History X, Predator, Rocky, Pulp Fiction, Face-Off etc.

Forgot about one film though, best film of 2007, Blue Revolution :)

Benners   

Wasn't there a film thread not so long ago?. I recently saw the NZ made film 'The Worlds Fastest Indian'.

Anthony Hopkins plays an old boy who breaks the world motorcycle speed record on a 1940's Indian ( that is a make of motorcycle, the record was for twin cylinder faired mc's & still stands). It recounts his first trip (of many) to the Bonneville flats in America & his mishaps & adventures on the way.

A great film for motorbike nostalgia freaks.

In the Hands of God.

I didn't manage to catch this at the cinema, but I've just bought it on dvd, going to watch in the next week. Anyone else seen this documentary film.

Seb   
In the Hands of God.

I didn't manage to catch this at the cinema, but I've just bought it on dvd, going to watch in the next week. Anyone else seen this documentary film.

What's it about? I just remembered City of God, anyone seen that? Fantastic film.

Wasn't there a film thread not so long ago?. I recently saw the NZ made film 'The Worlds Fastest Indian'.

Anthony Hopkins plays an old boy who breaks the world motorcycle speed record on a 1940's Indian ( that is a make of motorcycle, the record was for twin cylinder faired mc's & still stands). It recounts his first trip (of many) to the Bonneville flats in America & his mishaps & adventures on the way.

A great film for motorbike nostalgia freaks.

It's been on Sky a few times over the past couple of months. Very good film. Simple and enjoyable,and a remarkable insight to what was a bygone time in this country not so long ago,where history could be made in a small workshop or shed at the bottom of the garden.

One of the last scenes of the film.> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cOp316ywM

I wonder how many animated films there will in 2008 featuring animals and unfunny jokes... 2007 was swamped.

Is Wall-E meant to be good?

I wonder how many animated films there will in 2008 featuring animals and unfunny jokes... 2007 was swamped.

Did you watch Ratatouille? I actually enjoyed it alot. If I watched it with a kid, I think I'd have enjoyed it more than the kid, even.

Is Wall-E meant to be good?

It's Pixar, so I guess so. I can't remember having seen a single animated movie they made that was disappointing.

Some favourites in no order:

Birdman of Alcatraz (Burt Lancaster Original Version)

Shawshank Redemption

Angel Heart (Robert De Niro, Mickey Rourke)

Green Mile

Million Dollar Baby

We Were Soldiers

Pink Panther Series (Peter Sellers)

Life of Brian & Holy Grail

Schindlers List

Battle of Britain

Haloween (Jamie Lee Curtis/Donald Pleasance)

Sixth Sense

They're just films I keep going back to.

Anybody in here seen "The Usuall Suspects"? Watched the movie a couple days ago and let me tell you. WOW: That movie was awsome, one of the best I have seen. The ending,damn.. I stood there just staring at the TV like WTF? Totally blew me away.