Flo17

Movies

1,464 posts in this topic

Anybody in here seen "The Usuall Suspects"? Watched the movie a couple days ago and let me tell you. WOW: That movie was awsome, one of the best I have seen. The ending,damn.. I stood there just staring at the TV like WTF? Totally blew me away.

Anything with Kevin Spacey in is a good film. Totally agree with you here, fantastic film.

Did you watch Ratatouille? I actually enjoyed it alot. If I watched it with a kid, I think I'd have enjoyed it more than the kid, even.
Yes, though my kids enjoyed it more than I,despite quite a few jokes thrown in for the grown up.

I also saw Alvin and the Chipmunks - definitely one to let the grandparnts or uncles take your kids too. All the high pitched screeching going on is unbearable for anyone but dogs and small children. Fotunately it got too high to hear later on and I fell asleep.

Anyone seen Beowulf - any good? And anyone seenit in 3D?

Anyone seen Beowulf - any good? And anyone seenit in 3D?

I didn't read the original story/poetry/whatever it was, so I can't judge with the original source. I watched it and actually liked it.

It had an interesting plot (with choices and consequences being key), I enjoyed the dialogue, thought the actors/actresses did great (a miss here or there, but otherwise solid), the action was great and I thought the music was remarkable.

I enjoyed it alot. But it's more of a movie to enjoy rather than to think deeply of.

Didn't see it on 3D, but many reviewers say it's much better to watch in that than 2D.

I also saw Alvin and the Chipmunks - definitely one to let the grandparnts or uncles take your kids too.

From what I read from reviewers, I've been led to believe that it's absolute ****.

Anybody in here seen "The Usuall Suspects"? Watched the movie a couple days ago and let me tell you. WOW: That movie was awsome, one of the best I have seen. The ending,damn.. I stood there just staring at the TV like WTF? Totally blew me away.

My favourite film of all time =)

I didn't read the original story/poetry/whatever it was, so I can't judge with the original source. I watched it and actually liked it.

I enjoyed it alot. But it's more of a movie to enjoy rather than to think deeply of.

It's not really like the original poetry but I was pleasantly suprised by how much I enjoyed it. As you say it's a classic brain killing exercise. The graphics aren't even that bad either, I thought it looked awful in the adverts but it somehow works in the actual film.

Anyone seen Four Brothers starring Mark Wahlberg. I'm sitting down to watch this film tonight.

Edited by Hardcore_Blue

Terrible news about Heath Ledger. I haven't seen many of his films but am looking foward to his potrayal of The Joker in the upcoming Batman film.

Heath Ledger was a great actor, the Batman film would have catapulted him to worldwide fame. He looks brilliant in it, from what I've seen in the trailers and from people on the cast and what they've said. The people 'in the know' have said that not only is it his best work yet, but worthy of an Oscar.

Tragedy, real tragedy and at only 28 too. Puts things in perspective.

Went to see I Am Legend last night which was ok but not brilliant. There was a longer Cloverfield trailer on before it though which got me excited.

The Ledger tragedy is causing problems for the studio because they built the entire marketing campaign around him and his truly chilling portrayal of The Joker.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB120...ff_main_tff_top

They have no choice but to release the film but there are rumours of a delay. Absolute tragedy.