• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flo17

Movies

Seb   
Went to see I Am Legend last night which was ok but not brilliant. There was a longer Cloverfield trailer on before it though which got me excited.

With hindsight I'd say the film was better than I remember. Seems very emotional throughout, I think Smith plays the part really well, great range. A bit of a cliche ending I have to say but a suitable one. Well worth the money.

Has anyone seen Brazil?

I had a big Radio Times film book for Christmas and I was flicking through it and found it. Looks very interesting.

ifan   

OK, how bad is Cloverfield, really? Do I need to bring along a barf-bag.

About The Dark Knight, its a shame for Ledger, there was a lot of talk on his performances and Batman Begins was such a great movie. Hope they won't delay it for too long..

OK, how bad is Cloverfield, really? Do I need to bring along a barf-bag.

My friends who have seen it say its "Independence Day/Godzilla meets Blair Witch Project" to put it in the lingo of Tim Robbins' Movie "The Producer" (an all time classic). And, like Blair Witch, you either think it's brilliant and innovative or kind of dumb and not that scary. I haven't seen it yet, though.

Trivia Fact: Blair Witch Project was shot a 25 minute drive from my house in suburban Maryland. I actually saw the Trailer Trash Crazy Lady from the first 10 minutes at a diner. She is a real person in the sense that she is a corporeal being, but there is nothing "real" about the rest of her.

Jonathan Ross gave Cloverfield a rave review, which I hope is a good sign. I can't wait to see it myself.

Someone mentioned they watched "No Country For Old Men". Anybody else watch it? It's a great movie.

Downloaded it and watched it yesterday.. frankly a really stupid film. The whole of Texas is inhabited by 6 people. Guy's walking round with shot guns blasting off ,car crashes etc etc and not a soul to be seen..no road blocks, no Fed's being flown in, so national crisis about a mad gunman (or two) meandering around killing at a whim..

Silly film

Talking about NZ films -try "Once were warriors" no that's a good film.

Cheers

Richard

>Talking about NZ films -try "Once were warriors" no that's a good film.

Very good film. Is a toss-up between that and Romper Stomper as to which film I prefer from down under.

But Mad Max 1,has got to be my all time favourite from that part of the world. OOhh,those lovely bikes. Kawasaki's Z900's and Z1000's,the 1st proper muscle bikes,but that's another topic altogether.

Not going to spoil it for everyone else, but Cloverfield......What can I say??? Great film, s**t ending!! Left open in so many ways there could be a number of sequels!

hanuma   
Has anyone seen Brazil?

I tried to start watching it midway through...bad idea. But you're right it does look interesting, listed as one of the 'must see before death' films on CH4 recently.