• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flo17

Movies

syza   

The ending ruined Indy for me a bit. I thought it was hugely entertaining up until then.

Indiana Jones had some good parts, but some things were so over-the-top, I cannot have a favourable view of the movie. Some of the stunts to avoid danger was ludicrous, and the one with the big bang (you'll know if you watched it) almost single-handedly ruined the movie. It takes wtf to a whole new level.

Slight spoiler warning, if you're sensitive skip the next two lines.

Sorry, but Raiders..., Temple... and Last Crusade were about an archaelogist having an adventure. But this?! Ffs, there's a reason why I never got into the X-files!

So far this summer movie watching, I've had one hit (Iron Man) and two misses (Indy and Prince Caspian (don't get me started on how an okay movie fell apart in the end about Caspian)).

JAFFA   
Sorry, but Raiders..., Temple... and Last Crusade were about an archaelogist having an adventure. But this?! Ffs, there's a reason why I never got into the X-files!

I haven't seen the 4th Raiders film and probably wont waste my time. What I found amusing was this.

I've got to totally agree with you there. It totally ruined the whole experience for me. I see the £8 I spent on my cinema ticket as a massive let down. I'd have rather wiped my arse on a tenner.

A film I am looking forward to is Hancock. Will Smith has never let me down.

JAFFA   

I watched 'In Bruges' last night with Colin Farrell, Brian Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. The story follows 2 Irish hitmen hiding out in Bruges after a job goes wrong.

Its not the best film I've ever seen BUT its damn funny. Not in an Austin Powers way but in a 'mates-down-the-pub' sort of way. There are some real classic lines and I found myself laughing out loud at times!

I've never been a fan of Farrell - he tends to play rather 2 dimensional characters where the film tells the story. In Bruges is a much more character driven film and Farrell doesnt disappoint. Which proves he's just been coasting - I really hope he chooses some meatier roles in future.

Gleeson is as solid as ever as the experienced hitman and is the perfect foil for Farrell's 'lets hit the pub' type of character.

Fiennes plays an unfamiliar role as a gangland villain.

If you really wanted to be critical about this film it would be easy. However, I found that I was enjoying the banter between the protagonists so much that I didn't care about the 'holes'.

Well worth a look if you're at a loose end. Dont expect too much and you wont be disappointed.

syza   
I watched 'In Bruges' last night with Colin Farrell, Brian Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. The story follows 2 Irish hitmen hiding out in Bruges after a job goes wrong.

Its not the best film I've ever seen BUT its damn funny. Not in an Austin Powers way but in a 'mates-down-the-pub' sort of way. There are some real classic lines and I found myself laughing out loud at times!

I've never been a fan of Farrell - he tends to play rather 2 dimensional characters where the film tells the story. In Bruges is a much more character driven film and Farrell doesnt disappoint. Which proves he's just been coasting - I really hope he chooses some meatier roles in future.

Gleeson is as solid as ever as the experienced hitman and is the perfect foil for Farrell's 'lets hit the pub' type of character.

Fiennes plays an unfamiliar role as a gangland villain.

If you really wanted to be critical about this film it would be easy. However, I found that I was enjoying the banter between the protagonists so much that I didn't care about the 'holes'.

Well worth a look if you're at a loose end. Dont expect too much and you wont be disappointed.

I thought it was a brilliant film and had my in stitches the whole time. The whole Farrell/dwarf thing, and the Dwarf's race wars rant just slayed me.

JAFFA   

I've just come back from seeing 'The Happening'.

For me it was a complete letdown .... Thats it. In a nutshell.