• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

Chelsea Fc Media - Chelsea Tv, The Website, Magazines And Programmes

Chelsea FC Media Survey  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Have you viewed or read any of the following;

• Chelsea TV
    • Chelsea +
    • ChelseaFC.com
    • Official Magazine
    • Official Programme
  2. 2. Do you have a paid subscription to any of the above?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Don't want to say
  3. 3. Tick the boxes that best sum up your feelings. (Multiple Choice)

• I like Chelsea TV
    • I don't like Chelsea TV
    • What is Chelsea TV?
    • I like Chelsea +
    • I don't like Chelsea +
    • What is Chelsea +?
    • I like ChelseaFC.com
    • I don't like ChelseaFC.com
    • What is ChelseaFC.com?
    • I like the official magazine
    • I don't like the official magazine
    • What is the official magazine?
    • I like the official programmes
    • I don't like the official programmes.
    • What are the official programmes?

Can you please give me your thoughts on the club media, namely Chelsea TV, the official site, magazine and programmes, as well as Chelsea +.

Answer the poll and then add any comments, suggestions or questions to be raised here.

Thanks in advance,

Toby

Would I have liked a option regarding the magazine regarding it is OK as opposed to like. It does tend to be slightly on the trivial side with not so much of a fans perspective, unlike the CFCnet magazine which is spot on. I get the magazine for "free" as ST holder but if I had to pay for it I would not bother.

Chelsea TV is a place to keep up with what is going on at the Club. There are some things that infuriate me about the programmes. Such as why to we have PaperTalk when clearly if a journos mouth is opening he's lieing. I really hope we don't pay the muppets. I don't watch that programme at all now. LFSB tends to be the same guys getting on each time and they really grate on my nerves. I find the best way of watching it is to stick in pause for about 15 minutes at the beginning so that when Vernon Carvey or George Martin comes on the phone you can just fast forward through them. Why on earth did they have John Salako on LFSB last night. What has he got to do wuith Chelsea. For £6 per month it is worth it but if they charged any more then I would seriously consider not bothering. It is worse without Neil Barnett allowed to report from the training ground.

The matchday programme is fine at £3. Contains some stuff that is readable, well from JT's page onwards at least. Shame we have no Spy any more and seems to have replaced it with a page by Tim Lovejoy, who I heard say once that he thought it was a shame that Leeds were not in the Premeirship any more. Tut tut.

The website is fine.

Chelsea TV has gone downhill. It's turned into a phone in radio channel. It needs more live games (add women's team and youth team). It needs more behind the scenes (Bill Blood where are you?).

Another cheap(ish) thing they could do would be a 5pm Saturday football result round up sans Chelsea results. If I can't get to the game or it's not broadcast live I hide from all media until I can watch it on Sky's Football First in the late evening. I'd love a way of keeping in touch with other results in the league without the risk of the CFC game being spoiled. It's a service that Chelsea TV could uniquely provide.

Not too sure if this is relevant but the Arsenal.com site has an absolutely amazing Stats Centre. You can click through to it from here

Like the Guardian has for English football, but they have it for all Europe - must be outsourced from the same people.

I guess CFCnet aren't too excited about funding such a service, but the official site might be.

ChelseaTV has turned into an 'old boys' show. It's the same faces, the same callers, talking about the same old things. Barnett is an awful presenter (I do not doubt his knowledge however, and should have a place somewhere). Scott Minto and Jason Cundy are both excellent alternatives to him.

The 'Paper View' show I actually quite enjoy, as the presenter usually presses for explainations of the stories within their respective papers. It's a light show, I suppose. Big Match Countdown is the lowest of low now, there is almost no behind the scenes (Bill Blood, training ground *fun* - not mindless reports). It's just too predictable overally ("How much are we missing Drogba?", "How good is Lampard?", "Can Anelka and Drogba play together?"). Lampard was on Big Match Countdown a few weeks ago, and it was so dull I was falling asleep.. what happened to the jokes and banter? They were cherry-picking the calls for him, so it was fan-fare, nothing actually worth paying £6/month to see. Greenberg had said they have a limited budget, but it costs nothing to go out to the training ground and give Terry the camera for 5minutes and have a mess-around.

That was long.. but out of the above options CTV annoys me the most, after 2 years I will no longer be subscribing I suspect.

I think the problem with the magazine and programme is advertisements. Turn one page, it's Heineken! Next page, it's Samsung. Next page it's Orange. And so on. Far too much for me, but like that is ever going to change, I know it's an important part of business, so it's lost cause really bringing it up. Just my opinion.

Whereas, the CFCnet magazine wipes the floor with the official mag, far better!

I am a subscriber to CTV, but its awfu quite franklyl. Lack of content/ amateurish. I am going to cancel that and with the moneyI saved it will partially pay for a High Def subscription (plus of course the one off fee for the box) I just never really watch it apart from the odd reserve game and 20 mins of the magazine prog & Match Night live, although I would rather watch the Sky coverage if we are on there, rather than Tommy Langley droning on without cracking a smile. miserable old so n so.

I think the problem with the magazine and programme is advertisements. Turn one page, it's Heineken! Next page, it's Samsung. Next page it's Orange. And so on. Far too much for me, but like that is ever going to change, I know it's an important part of business, so it's lost cause really bringing it up. Just my opinion.

Whereas, the CFCnet magazine wipes the floor with the official mag, far better!

Echo that. The latest issue of said Chelsea Mag contains two full page adverts for Super Cars that us ordinary, working class folk could not even afford a replacement tyre for.

Juni   

I don't have ChelseaTV as it's exclusive to Sky, and I'm on V+, but I do have Chelsea+, formerly ChelseaTVOnline. Which when I signed up I had a discount voucher for, and was pretty good, especially their archive of youth and reserve highlights, which they added to regularly, but that's died this season with just three reserve games and no youth games. Intentional (for whatever internal reasons) or not, the lack of youth videos (despite me going to these games) is enough to make me not renew my subscription when it expires in the summer.

I get a matchday programme every game and it's pretty decent for what it does. As a season ticket holder I get the official magazine, which again, is a useful read for what it is. Has a focus on a youth player each issue, which is cool.