Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

The Most Overated Player On The Planet Ever

443 posts in this topic

Saw it in The Times this morning and wondered on your guys thoughts and why.

Mine has always been Wayne Rooney does nothing against the big teams had one good spell for England in Euro Portugal .

What Else!!!!!!!!

Even UTD fans I know think this.

David Beckham. His free kicks must have been cost him a lot of fortune!

Rooney is not overrated, he's a fantastic player

I'd say Ibrahimovic. Everytime I watch him he does nothing and simply shrugs his shoulders

Most over-rated player on the planet, ever? Blimey....

Steve Gerrard. I'm not saying he's not a great player, because on his day he is, however he's not as good as many think he is, and especially not in the 'best in the world' bracket at all.

Blows hot and cold far too much to be considered a great in my mind, hasn't really got a position (DM?RM?CM?AM?) that he can call his own, and he's got a stupid forehead too. Mr class & dignity. Mr 'anti-diving' campaign, when he does it more than others. Mr tactically inept..... Oh and he's a scouser, so of course immediately thinks his sh*t smells sweeter than anyone elses....

Edit: That wife of his is also way over-rated, pig ugly orange bint that she is.

Steve Gerrard. I'm not saying he's not a great player, because on his day he is, however he's not as good as many think he is, and especially not in the 'best in the world' bracket at all.

Blows hot and cold far too much to be considered a great in my mind, hasn't really got a position (DM?RM?CM?AM?) that he can call his own, and he's got a stupid forehead too. Mr class & dignity. Mr 'anti-diving' campaign, when he does it more than others. Mr tactically inept..... Oh and he's a scouser, so of course immediately thinks his sh*t smells sweeter than anyone elses....

Edit: That wife of his is also way over-rated, pig ugly orange bint that she is.

I see you've got your membership of the Stevie G fan club early then!

Maradona is the most overrated player to ever play the game. He didn't even score his "greatest goal." It was an own goal accidentally put in by the defender.

Pele

Never played outside his comfort zone. In the world cup always played in a great team, 1000 goals my big hairy backside.

Sits back and grins.

Michael Owen. Misses chance after chance after chance

Robin Van Persie!!!

Over-rated? I must have missed that. I always thought that sticking with her is the most praise worthy thing Gerrard has done.

Agreed too. And they (sport analysts) can dare to compare this guy with our Frank.