Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

The Most Overated Player On The Planet Ever

443 posts in this topic

Rio Ferdinand!!!!

P.S Slightly off topic, but most underrated would definitely be Ricardo Carvalho!!

Over-rated? I must have missed that. I always thought that sticking with her is the most praise worthy thing Gerrard has done.

The kids not his its mine!!

I'm with you on Gerrard. His style of play makes me feel sick. Not saying that he hasn't had his moments, but overall I think he is sooo overrated.

I don't think it's fair to say that Owen is overrated. He's had the worst luck ever with injuries, but when he was at his best he was pure magic. Seems like a decent bloke, too (unlike Gerrad who seems like a total fool).

David Bechkam is overrated, but not as much as the media claims. The fact that he's a "Hollywood-icon" and plays for Galaxy doesn't make the situation easier for him.

But I don't think anyone can say that he's all bollocks after last season with Real Madrid. He was one of the main reasons that Real managed to win the title.

CRISTIANO RONALDO is the most overrated player in the world.

All he does is stupid little tricks and gets nothing from them. Joe Cole now there's a propper winger

I think there are probably some famous Argentines to throw into the hat, but for the sake of everyones sanity I'd avoid that and the inevitable TSD onslaught in response.

I always thought Shearer was a very good striker, but some people insisted he was a great all round player, which to me was patently nonsense. I seem to remember Ruud Gullit having problems convincing him he wasn't too ;)

The kids not his its mine!!

Hehe.

Over-rated? I must have missed that. I always thought that sticking with her is the most praise worthy thing Gerrard has done.

She is over rated, as is he. If he sticks by her whilst half of Liverpool have her 'over for dinner' so to speak, then more the fool him.

All he does is stupid little tricks and gets nothing from them.

30 goals in 30 games + numerous assists?

Joe Cole now there's a propper winger

Ronaldo is more a winger than Cole could ever hope to be.

All he does is stupid little tricks and gets nothing from them. Joe Cole now there's a propper winger

Is that a joke?

Okay. This is plain wrong, however I do feel Ronaldo is overrated. My theory is that he never does anything in the big games. It may be wrong, but I'd like to see some statistics. Remarkable achievement to get 30 goals from the wing, but how many of those have been in important matches? I've certainly never seen him do much against Chelsea.