• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

The Most Overated Player On The Planet Ever

AJ69   
Nonsense. No British player could have done that run, and Maradonna was better than any playerpost '86, that's for sure. If it wasn't for him, Argentina would have gone out in the group stages. And you can harp on about any Brazilian you want to until you are yellow and blue in the face!

My most overrated players ever are (in no particular order)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - What's all the fuss about him?

Francesco Totti - See Ibrahimovic

Rivaldo - Cheating barsteward, for me didn't get nearly enough stick for his antics in the 2002 World Cup

David Beckham - Can't run, can't go past players, only scores jammy free kicks and pouts when things aren't going his way

Carles Puyol - Couldn't defend a sandcastle

Bryan Robson - A headless chicken masquerading as a world class player, and a dirty sod as well. And sod his passion!

Chris Waddle - Always bottled it on the big occasion

Steven Gerrard - Where was he in last year's CL final? Or where were his so-called leadership qualities for England against Croatia.

Davor Suker - Divor Suker more like. He used to practice his dives in the swimming pool

Chris Woods - A plank (if you pardon the pun)

Juan Sebastian Veron - The biggest Grand Larceny in English football

Terry Butcher - A stupid great lump who was slower than a funeral, once again "passion" was his strength. Not fit to lick JT's boots. Honestly, I've seen milk turn quicker than Terry Butcher!

Ronaldinho - Should go back to being the face of Robertson's jam! And get a decent dentist! His form since the last World Cup has been piss poor

Andy Cole - Needs 6 chances before finally scoring, and a sulky, morose, arrogant sod as well. Perhaps that comes with playing for Man U!

I could go on, but I'll stop there for now.

fu***in class mate totally argee with most of them!!puyol & woods classic!!Maradonna still a plum in my eyes.

scanz   

ibrahimovic. you can show clips on youtube of his skills and good finishes but I have never watched a game with him playing and he has played well.

Totti - Class act. I watch a lot of Serie A football, and this guy is magnificent for Roma. A lot of people will just go an base their opinions on him from the few games they've seen of him I.e. the games against Man Utd. Slightly overrated, yes, one of the most overated players in the world, not a chance!

Have to agree with you here. He won the European Golden Boot last year by scoring 32 goals for Roma in 50 appearances (yes, I looked it up on wiki..). That's lots of goals for an offensive midfielder, people.

I kinda like him as a player. He has always played for Roma (1992-->), and I find it very unlikely that he'll ever play for an other club. That's loyalty.

wacko   

The constant accusations of 'he never does it against the best sides' levelled at Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo, Rooney and pretty much anyone else hailed as a great player are utterly meaningless.

The best sides, by definition, have the best players, so this criticism boils down to 'not being miles better than every other player on the planet'.

I'm going to take another tack and suggest the most overrated player ever was probably Cherno Samba, Danny Cadamarteri, or some other youngster who was bigged-up and subsequently disappeared without a trace. I'm sure someone will know some much better examples in the same vein.

Francis Jeffers.

He was never rated by anyone but clubs still bought him every summer for obscene amounts of money. Therefore someone must have rated him at somepoint thus meaning he is the most over-rated player ever. :)

I'm going to take another tack and suggest the most overrated player ever was probably Cherno Samba, Danny Cadamarteri, or some other youngster who was bigged-up and subsequently disappeared without a trace. I'm sure someone will know some much better examples in the same vein.

Ali Dia.

wacko   
Ali Dia.

I thought about him, but wasn't sure if he qualified as a player. Wikipedia tells me he did actually play amateur footie.

Another black mark on Souness's record.

I thought about him, but wasn't sure if he qualified as a player. Wikipedia tells me he did actually play amateur footie.

Another black mark on Souness's record.

True - he made bigger Fxxx ups than Ali Dia :)