• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatbloke

Help! - Remote Control Cars Tamiya

fatbloke   

Can anybody help.

I spent 7 hours Saturday constructing a Tamiya "Pumpkin" for my stepsons 9th birthday, which is today. When I turn the car on a red LED flashs and there is a continuous beeping. Then when we switch the ACOMS controller on the %$$£%%^ thing took off full pelt forward and scared the living daylights out of the cat which is now stuck behind the immersion heater and won't come out.

What have I done wrong?

Also is there are any experts out there how the hell do you adjust the front wheel alignment once you have clipped the ball and socket joints together. In the manual it shows a simple adjustement by turning which I think is impossible.

GURJ SS   

Your best off phoning the helpline.

Don't know why its going off a full pelt, that could be a control module problem(the actual module in the car that sets the speed).

About the adjustment, look for a screw that has to be turned to aline both wheels at the same time. Or look for the same system as on a actual car (track rods). My mate had a petrol remote control car which had track rods that had to be adjusted.

Sorry I can't help more.

sid8   

There should be the screw at the lower end for the adjustment of the ball and socket joint you can allign through help of those screws.

Regards

Sid

NItrotek