• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHBaWA

Tc Flight Alterations

MHBaWA   

bit annoying. 5days before I fly and my flights changed from gatwick to stanstead at 0720. anyone else in this boat?

fatbloke   

I am flying Tuesday from Luton and haven't even had flight times yet, plus I just noticed that they only man the phones Monday to Friday 9-5:30!!

I spoke to TC this morning (16/5) and they told me that they would be emailing flight details etc this afternoon and Saturday morning. the delay is due to confirmation of flight arrival times in Moscow.

you should get a email I got mine today and my flight is at 6 a.m checking cloeses at 5! and my flight back will be between 4.30-7.30 am there time will put more details up tomorrow as I have just got in and I'm going to bed!

Manchester United FC v Chelsea FC

UEFA Champions League – Final

Wednesday 21st May 2008

Daytrip Itinerary (Flight LTN3)______

Wednesday 21st May 2008

04:00 hrs: Please check-in at the Chelsea FC Supporters check-in desk at London Luton Airport.

Flight No: BLE346 ***Hand baggage ONLY***

05:00 hrs: Check in closes

06:00 hrs: Depart London Luton Airport. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

12:35 hrs: Anticipated local arrival time at Moscow Vnukovo International Airport.

On arrival at Moscow Vnukovo International Airport, buses (operated by the local authorities) will transfer you to Luzhniki Stadium.

22:45 hrs: Kick-Off: Manchester United FC v Chelsea FC

After the match, buses (operated by the local authorities) will transfer you from the Luzhniki Stadium to Moscow Vnukovo International Airport for your flight home.

***Please ensure you keep hold of your ticket stub, as this is acting as your visa & will be required to depart Moscow***

Thursday 22nd May 2008

The Russian & Airport authorities have implemented a free boarding policy, which is applicable to all departures from all Moscow Airports returning to the UK after the match. Please refer to the Daytrip Important Information for further details.

Flights are due to depart Moscow Vnukovo International Airport for your return flight to London Luton Airport between 03:30hrs and 05:30hrs local time in Moscow. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

Furthermore, if you have any specific requirements or special requests, you must inform us prior to travel.

Please be fully aware & prepared that Moscow, Luzhniki Stadium & Moscow Vnukovo International Airport are going to be very, very busy during your visit, resulting in severe congestion & delays. Please note, that the above departure times are NOT guaranteed & no arrangements should be made for Thursday 22nd May 2008.

Local authorities, over which Thomas Cook and Chelsea FC have no jurisdiction, may amend all movements and times. However we will keep you informed as much as possible during the trip.

Telephone numbers to be used in an emergency ONLY:

• Thomas Cook Sport Representative: +44 7500 227 487

• Thomas Cook 24hr UK Duty Office: +44 1274 730 275

It is your own responsibility to ensure you have adequate travel insurance for your trip

All times shown are local; Moscow is 3 hours ahead of the UK

British passports must have at least 6 months validity

Local Currency – Roubles

The Russian & Airport authorities have implemented a free boarding policy, which is applicable to all departures from all Moscow Airports returning to the UK after the match. Please refer to the Daytrip Important Information for further details.

Flights are due to depart Moscow Vnukovo International Airport for your return flight to London Luton Airport between 03:30hrs and 05:30hrs local time in Moscow

Not had my details yet.

Does this mean they will just fill the planes up as people arrive at the airport? Sounds a good way of getting people out as quickly as possible.

fatbloke   

I am on the 2 night trip from Luton. The flight times are:

Tuesday 20th May 2008

12:05 hrs: Please check-in at the Chelsea FC Supporters check-in desk at London Luton Airport.

Flight No: HV8981.

13:05 hrs: Check in closes

14:05 hrs: Depart London Luton Airport. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

20:45 hrs: Anticipated local arrival time at Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Transfers will be provided to the Hotel Cosmos (Coaches 24-27). Transfer time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (subject to traffic conditions)

Hotel Cosmos – Bed & Breakfast

150 Prospect Mira,

Moscow, 129 366, Russia

Wednesday 21st May 2008

17:30 hrs: Transfer from your hotel to the Luzhniki Stadium. Transfer time approximately 2 hours (subject to traffic conditions)

After the match, transfer from Luzhniki Stadium to the Hotel Cosmos (Coaches 24-27).

Thursday 22nd May 2008

07:30 hrs: Check out from your room. Please ensure you have settled all extras prior to departure.

08:15 hrs: Transfer from your hotel to Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Transfer time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (subject to traffic conditions)

***Please ensure you keep hold of your ticket stub, as this is acting as your visa & will be required to depart Moscow***

12:00 hrs: Anticipated time of departure from Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Flight No: HV8982.

12:55 hrs: Anticipated arrival at London Luton Airport. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

Gives you the best part of zero hours in Moscow, what is the point of paying for 2 nights when the Wednesday amounts to maybe 3/4 hours in the hotel at most. Last time I ever book with Thomas Crook.

sollers   
bit annoying. 5days before I fly and my flights changed from gatwick to stanstead at 0720. anyone else in this boat?

I have just been mailed flight details from my tour operator "pure sports". It says my flights have changed to 04.00 hour flights out instead of 06.30 and now flies into Domedodovo instead of the original Sheremetyevo.

I was previously told this was the Man Usa destination!

The woman on the phone said all flights had been changed to DMO and that it is probable that the flight will be shared with Man U fans though they have tried to keep them separate! Not sure how separate you can be on a plane? It seems nothing can be done to change things back to my original arrangements!

I am concerned now at not only the flight out and back and the clear danger that exists during travel before you even get to Moscow, but also the ongoing transfers to and from the ground, and the fan zones where I am being dropped off?

Anyone else got this problem and any ideas of how its supposed to work? I have been to Man u games abroad with my company over the years and have witnessed their blatant overt and aggressive behaviour first hand on every trip.

I know I will have the same accent as them, but I really don't fancy being accompanied by them to Moscow!

I can see a real problem here - anyone else getting this change and if so any knowledge about the way its going to work?

Tim   

My itinerary arrived today.

Tuesday 20th May 2008

03:40 hrs: Please check-in at the Chelsea FC Supporters check-in desk at London Gatwick Airport.

(SouthTerminal) Flight No: VIM901.

04:40 hrs: Check in closes

05:40 hrs: Depart London Gatwick Airport. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

12:15 hrs: Anticipated local arrival time at Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Transfers will be provided to the Hotel Cosmos (Coaches 1-4). Transfer time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (subject to change)

Hotel Cosmos – Bed & Breakfast

150 Prospect Mira,

Moscow, 129 366, Russia

Wednesday 21st May 2008

17:30 hrs Transfer from your hotel to the Luzhniki Stadium. Transfer time approximately 2 hours (subject to change)

After the match, transfer from Luzhniki Stadium to the Hotel Cosmos (Coaches 1-4).

Thursday 22nd May 2008

12:00 hrs: Check out from your room. Please ensure you have settled all extras prior to departure.

13:30 hrs: Transfer from your hotel to Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Transfer time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (subject to change)

17:30 hrs: Anticipated time of departure from Moscow Vnukovo International Airport. Flight No: VIM906.

18:15 hrs: Anticipated arrival at London Gatwick Airport. No alcohol will be served on this flight.

I think I'll make my own way to the Stadium.

Not had my details yet.

Does this mean they will just fill the planes up as people arrive at the airport? Sounds a good way of getting people out as quickly as possible.

Return Journey - Free Boarding

On arrival at Vnukovo Airport you must show your return boarding card (which you will be issued in the UK, at check in for your outbound flight) along with your match ticket, immigration card & passport to enable you to proceed through Immigration to the departure gate. Specific departure gates will be allocated to flights going to specific UK airports.

You must proceed to a boarding gate that has been assigned to the UK airport that your flight is booked to – this will be clearly shown on your boarding card. Passengers will be boarded on to the first available aircraft returning to their destination on a first come first served basis. There will be no allocated or pre-seating on any aircraft. Thomas Cook Sport have been assured by the airport authorities that we have sole & exclusive use of Vnukovo Airport for all Official Chelsea daytrip departures returning to the UK after the match. Therefore, any aircraft that you board & travel on will have been chartered by Thomas Cook Sport, although the airline & aircraft may not be the same one that you travelled out on. Thomas Cook Sport representatives will be at Vnukovo Airport working with the airport authorities. It is imperative that you travel back on an aircraft returning to your original UK departure airport, as shown on your boarding card. Flights are due to depart from Vnukovo Airport between 03:30hrs and 05:30hrs local time in Moscow. Once again, this is subject to change.

Supporters are advised they must be at the airport and ready to depart between the times stated above. We accept no responsibility if you fail to arrive at the boarding gate on time and flights depart without you. If you miss the flights we have allocated for the trip back to the UK, you will be responsible for any costs you incur in making any alternative arrangements to get home and we will not pay any compensation.

We highly recommend that after the game has ended that you take the earliest available shuttle bus back to Vnukovo Airport for your return flight to the UK.