• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boogle

Didier Drogba

Good call Boogle. In the few games I saw him play last season he looked very good, however, I'm not sure if he'd adapt to the English game. I think we need to sign a striker who has and will prove his worth in the Premiership. Some people may not agree with me, but I'd spend at least £50m of Roman's money buying Wayne Rooney.

lcm   

I think buying this player is a gambling game.

Rooney has proved his quality and he can play well in the Premiership.

Drogba played well last season in France, but one season only. Can he play good every season?? And his value is about £18m or more.

Although Rooney is very expensive, heis a better choice as he is a genius and young

Boogle   

I would like to see Morientes, who I think was the key man in Monaco's success last season. If he wants to stick with Real Madrid, I wouldn't say no to the idea of Ronaldo coming. I think ultimately that someone like Torres, who was quiet for Spain in Euro would add flair and youth to the team.

pds   

With the new boy, Robben on the left and his pace, I like Pete, think there is only one man for the job, that man is Rooney for me too, not only the pace but the skill and the brain, for me that would be £50m of RA's money truly well invested.

Harvz   

I think all this talk about adapting to the Premiership is over-rated. There have been hundreds of players in the last 10 years that moved from very different leagues and adapted in due time.

Fair enough we need everything to be instant at Chelsea, but still... the man is strong, fast, skillful and had an enormous head. Surely he'll put some in the back of the net!

Boogle, I'd like to see Pele because we have as much chance of signing him right now as the others you mentioned. Ronaldo won't leave Real, Torres is another rather unlikely signing and Morientes? No chance. When Chelsea have proved themselves then we have a chance of signing the very top guys, but as Real and France have found out just having great players does not guarantee success. I'd like Rooney, and keep the players we have (except Jimmy). Mutu and Crespo will settle next year and we'll see their true worth, signing another big name from Europe will only enlarge our bulbous squad further and be totally against JM's ethos.

I think Drogba would be venomous in the Premiership. From the few games I have seen in the Champions League, UEFA Cup and French league he looks fantastic. He's hardworking, which is a Mourinho requirement, really strong and fast, tall, skilful, seemed efficient in front of goal and doesn't need company upfront.

I only saw something like 12 matches though so I have no idea if he is consistent. I wouldn't judge him for the amount of goals he scored in the league cause he gets terrible or no service at all and still manages to score. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that as an Ivory Coast international he would miss games while representing his country.

Don't want Drogba either, he looked very good when I saw him, but that was never against quality defenders, and when he faced Valencia he looked average at best. I agree that we need proven quality, not one season players, he may prove to be more than that, but we don´t need to take gambles.

Let's see then, hmm...against Valencia how much service did he get...if I remember correctly he got none...a big zero. Totally tucked in there between their centre backs and not one decent cross or pass in a whole 90 min match.