Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.Citraningsih

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

736 posts in this topic

Yeah the week in, week out acting in ER (just by any old people who star in just 1 episode) puts many other programmes to shame. I especially liked Forest Whitaker's (a damn fine actor IMO) appearances as some slightly unhinged bloke a few seasons back.

Don Cheadle and Forest Whittaker were both excellent in it, years ago Ewan McGregor made an appearance before he really hit the big time. Apparently most of the actors will be back next year for the final season. Clooney and Wyle have already signed up. Will be sad to see it go because it has such longevity.

Prison Break!!!

I found Wentworth is something look like Joe Cole...yeah?

I really dont watch a lot of mainstream TV - other than football. Though I am a big film fan.

However, as always there are exceptions to the rule and here are mine.

Firefly

Pushing Daisies

Family guy

Two And A Half Men

Battlestar Galactica

Deadwood

What surprises me after typing that list is that they are all American. And I'm forever slagging off American TV .... I may need to re-think my opinions.

I tend not to watch them on TV though ... I download the entire series and watch them one after the other. Sad....

I really dont watch a lot of mainstream TV - other than football. Though I am a big film fan.

However, as always there are exceptions to the rule and here are mine.

Firefly

Pushing Daisies

Family guy

Two And A Half Men

Battlestar Galactica

Deadwood

What surprises me after typing that list is that they are all American. And I'm forever slagging off American TV .... I may need to re-think my opinions.

I tend not to watch them on TV though ... I download the entire series and watch them one after the other. Sad....

HBO make the best TV in my opinion. They even got involved when the BBC created Rome a few year back and made it a massive success.

Ever?

At the very top:

House

Boston Legal

How I Met Your Mother

Also favourites (past and recent):

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Friends

I used to like ER, but it stopped when the original guys dissappeared. Used to love the Clooney and co. years. Glance at the new guys here or there, but perhaps I should give them a shot.

Hardtalk.

The BBC one? Absolutely love it. Put it up in the favourites for me, too.

Two And A Half Men

I didn't know if it was any good, but watched a few re-runs recently, and I have to admit it's quite good.

HBO make the best TV in my opinion. They even got involved when the BBC created Rome a few year back and made it a massive success.

HBO! They did Band Of Brothers. I really enjoyed that! As for Rome - its one of my 'downloads' ;-) haven't watched it yet but it came highly recommended.

At 99 years old, you still watch it??!!

Indeed a couple of bluey's and I'm off!

The BBC one? Absolutely love it. Put it up in the favourites for me, too.

The very one. Did you catch Gore Vidal on it recently? If not I recommend you do (can watch it online). Awesome.

I liked the first couple of 24 series's's's's but it all got a bit silly as did prison break (T-bag rocks!).

Peter Griffin is the king of TV and a worthy successor to Homer.

The Americans make some top quality tv, a lot of which puts our efforts to shame. Have you ever tried watching it in America though? Ad breaks almost every minute, without warning. It drives me nuts

The Americans make some top quality tv, a lot of which puts our efforts to shame. Have you ever tried watching it in America though? Ad breaks almost every minute, without warning. It drives me nuts

Never been to the States :( Even watching the Sky digital channels (Nat geo/History etc) does my head in. FIVE minutes into something and its bleeding adverts! The shows are aired for an hour but only contain 36 mins of material.

The very one. Did you catch Gore Vidal on it recently? If not I recommend you do (can watch it online). Awesome.

I've been pissed that I haven't had the chance to watch BBC for awhile (not on cable where I'm living).

I'll look for the Vidal one as soon as possible.