.Citraningsih

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

736 posts in this topic

Here you go Nona (look away bluebreezer54):

I refuse to look away. I pay the bloody license fee because I have no choice :-(

The West Wing

The Sopranos

Band of Brothers (HBO mini-series but still one of the best things made for the small screen ever)

Rome

Lost

CSI

House

Hill Street Blues

Frasier

Friends (early)

Cheers

Homicide: Life on the Streets

The Office (UK version; US version is growing on me but still a pretender)

THE SIMPSONS

Edited by WashingtonBlue
somehow left off the Simpsons

Cheers Kneel for 1. Will watch when I can, but at least I didn't have to look for it.

Well I'm p*ssed off that I am forced to pay for the BBC whether I watch it or not,( and I rarely do ) while the rest of the world gets to see its programmes for free

My sympathies. I believe Canada has a similar channel in CBC, and while I don't pay lots of taxes, I do pay the sales one.

The Office (UK version)

Now then ... I think that The Office is one of the most original and intelligently produced pieces of comedy ever screened. Yet I cannot watch it!

It makes me cringe to the bone. I know its supposed to but I find myself feeling so uncomfortably embarrassed for the Brent character that I have to turn it off.

Perplexing.

Now then ... I think that The Office is one of the most original and intelligently produced pieces of comedy ever screened. Yet I cannot watch it!

It makes me cringe to the bone. I know its supposed to but I find myself feeling so uncomfortably embarrassed for the Brent character that I have to turn it off.

Perplexing.

Same here. Whereas Mr Bean isn't quite as good but I can just about watch it with he kids.

Family Guy

Lost

Peep Show

The Inbetweeners (They better bring back another series, it was class)

American Dad

and any football that is on obviously :)

Perplexing.

I agree COMPLETELY. The word for it is "harrowing." When I watched it for the first time, I was often in the fetal position moaning "make it stop."

But that was a large part of the brilliance of it, surely. And in the end, when things seem to get hopeful for David (attractive girl, business prospects) and he tells people to f**k off in a way they respect, and Dawn and whats-his-name finally get together -- strangely Hollywood for a British satire, and yet perfectly rendered -- how many more triumphant moments were there in television? It paid you back for all the pain you suffered to get there and would not have felt so good without it. Brilliant.

Shows that I've been a jcl to but now are an addiction:

Deadliest Catch

Top Gear

(A lot of Discovery and Sci-Fi channel stuff)

This weird show where they rebuild military tanks that my Dad turned me on to but can never find it!

Don't watch a lot of network tv...

Shows that I've been a jcl to but now are an addiction:

Deadliest Catch

Top Gear

(A lot of Discovery and Sci-Fi channel stuff)

This weird show where they rebuild military tanks that my Dad turned me on to but can never find it!

Don't watch a lot of network tv...

Deadliest Catch is cool. I posted about it somewhere else on a TV thread. I have an F/V Northwestern T-shirt. Love the Hansen Brothers.

I sometimes think about taking a couple months off from my law practice and PAYING to get on a boat just to see if I can handle it. I'm sure with the popularity of the show they are turning away thousands of 20-somethings in much better shape than me.

Only Fools And Horses.

King Of Queens.

Simpsons.

Friends.

Father Ted.

The Royle Family.

Viva La Bam.

Jackass.

WildBoyz.

Dirty Sanchez.

Edited by petrescu#1fan