Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.Citraningsih

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

736 posts in this topic

Just heard the news that Gary Shandling died a few days ago. If anyone remembers he created and starred in the TV show Larry Sanders Show (a show about spoof a American chat show ). It was ahead of its time. Brilliantly observed, deep with irony and belly achingly funny.  Another sad loss in 2016.

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just heard the news that Gary Shandling died a few days ago. If anyone remembers he created and starred in the TV show Larry Sanders Show (a show about spoof a American chat show ). It was ahead of its time. Brilliantly observed, deep with irony and belly achingly funny.  Another sad loss in 2016.

I think he said that at his funeral he wanted someone dressed as a boxing referee to exclaim " he's not getting up" as they counted him out.

Very funny man.

American Crime Story (mentioned recently on another thread).  In a way I am really glad I did so much to avoid listening to OJ story back when it was non-stop news.  This version is so much more entertaining and interesting.  

On 29/02/2016 at 5:49 AM, Sea foot said:

Is anyone watching "The Night Manager" Sunday nights BBC 1. Excellent.

Outstanding. Because of the way they scheuled the show here, I feel like I've watched it 3 times already! Not sure about the ending, tbh,which I thought was just a tad convenient/soft, but otherwise excellent.

I've just discovered 'Happy Valley' (thanks to Dwmh mentioning it) which I'd completely overlooked before (I thought it was another 'Eastenders'!) - early days for me, but it really looks promising. I'm also catching up with 'Vera', which I find compelling for both the story lines, and the characterisations.

Happy Valley 1 is outstanding right from the first scene.

Happy Valley 2 doesn't really get started until episode 2 - or at least spends the whole of episode 1 reminding you of the old characters and introducing the new ones.

Looking forward to HV3 but it might be a long wait I gather.

HV is of course Last Tango in Halifax with the 90% character stories and humour,  10% dark side, reversed.

Line of Duty.  Just caught up with this.  Excellent stuff.  Mostly a behind the scenes Police story about anti-corruption.  Occasional acts of violence to add spice, though I must admit they can be a bit corny & over the top.

Seriously good though overall.