• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChelseaDam

'dutch' Blue

Hallo everybody,

that 'Dam' on my nickname is for Amsterdam, my town. But the little friends of T*****ham (Ajax) were no option for me, and so were the other Dutch teams (they all hate Amsterdam and their citizens...). I'm also of Italian origin but I feel nothing for that country and its football as well.

So I just went naturally for the club that was fascinating me the most since I've started getting interested in football ('bit late, to be honest). The club which supporters were regarded as the most loyal, irreverent, ironic and proud, despite the poor results only occasionally interrupted by glorious times.

My first time at The Bridge was in august 1994, Chelsea Norwich 2-0 at the first game of the season. I was sitting on the temporary terrace built in replacement of the Shed. It was strange to sing while being forced to remain seated but since then I've never changed -not like the countless foreigners going from Chelsea to West Ham and then on to Millwall (?!?) only to follow the trend of the 'new (??!!??) hooligan sensation'. So I don't change now that the Chelsea culture is under siege by the DNA change operated by RA. Big money, great successes but also a 'culture shock' for all of us.

I've been following the Club from the distance, not being able to afford to travel to London more than sporadically in the last years.

But now that my finances are better and that my older son has reached the age when I have to start to protect him from the lethal influence of Ajax, ManUre, Arse, Barca, AC Milan and the other mainstream crap I've just decided to become a (nearly) regular at the Bridge, where I think I'll be joining the 'Shed' campaign, if I'll just manage to find the right tickets.

Too bad that they've banned the celery from the ground...

Welcome to the site! Nice to see people with quite a long background as Chelsea supporters finding this site.

It's always interesting to hear peoples' experiences regarding Chelsea, especially since I'm quite new as a Blues supporter myself. :)

Carefree!

Welcome to the site! Nice to see people with quite a long background as Chelsea supporters finding this site.

It's always interesting to hear peoples' experiences regarding Chelsea, especially since I'm quite new as a Blues supporter myself. :)

Carefree!

Well, as I said before my Chelsea background was 'from the distance'. It's fourteen years but mostly spent on newspapers, TV and, later on, websites. I've been to the Bridge just a handful of times so I don't wanna play the role of the 'veteran' anyhow. Actually I feel more like a newcomer, since I'm used to measure these things in terms of active presence.

But from the next season I'm definitely gonna start building up some proper 'field' experience.

CellSea   
Well, as I said before my Chelsea background was 'from the distance'. It's fourteen years but mostly spent on newspapers, TV and, later on, websites. I've been to the Bridge just a handful of times so I don't wanna play the role of the 'veteran' anyhow. Actually I feel more like a newcomer, since I'm used to measure these things in terms of active presence.

But from the next season I'm definitely gonna start building up some proper 'field' experience.

Any Holland player that you admire most curretly or perhaps wish if he's joining Chelsea? ;-)

Any Holland player that you admire most curretly or perhaps wish if he's joining Chelsea? ;-)

I think Wesley Sneijder or Orlando Engelaar would be great for our team;)

Welcome, I'm from Holland also!

I think I'll be joining the 'Shed' campaign, if I'll just manage to find the right tickets.

Well if you get involved in the Shed 100's (read up on them in the Club Shed area and archives), then you'll be guaranteed tickets for you and your son on those particular games. When the seasons starts, just keep an eye open on that forum. This all being, if you're a member. ;)

Too bad that they've banned the celery from the ground...

Lets not get into that, Fabregas the little s**t!

I think the level of the Eredivisie is been going down in the last years. The proof is that you can see top clubs battering down-in-the-table opponents by 6-0 and than being beaten at home at UEFA Cup matches. The sub-toppers (Heerenveen, Groningen, Twente) on the other hand have reduced the gap sensibly from the former Big Three (PSV/Ajax/Feyenoord), but the problem is basically that the really talented players are not given the time to fully develop, especially if they're playing for 'minor' clubs.

It may happen that a Premiership club spots an interesting player, pays a good amount to get him but then gives him no chance to play with continuity. And then it's nobody's win, not the player's, not his new club's (Drenthe of Real is an exception but he had it difficult too in the beginning) and not the Eredivisie's. Only the agents actually...

The Dutch school is still good. It's still nice, attacking football, but played at half the pace of the Premiership and with not so much quality in the defense, so it's always quite difficult to judge a striker from over here (Alves, Kezman, Kalou...). Still I would consider Huntelaar from Ajax a nice bet for the Premiership. Just like Snijder and Kuyt he had enough time to develop at the highest level of the Eredivisie. He misses CL experience but I think he could do good both there and in the PL. He's not the nicest guy around though (quite arrogant, and he said he used to be a Chelsea fan when he was a kid but now he doesn't like us anymore...).

Engelaar is not very young. And he exploded just a couple of seasons ago. I like him but I think he's not fast enough for the PL. He's gonna play the CL with Twente though (if he doesn't get sold). A good occasion to check him out. But there are better options for Chelsea in his role.

Sneijder is similar to Cole. I think we should concentrate more on the other wing...