• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red4ever

Roman Abramovich

red4ever   

When Abramovich goes, and he WILL one day go when he finds himself 'other puppets' to master, Chelsea will return to their roots, I.e being an average football team. All they have at the moment, is a bunch of football mercenaries, for whom money is the ultimate ambition. Money can't buy success, look at Real Madrid & Chelsea of last season. If ever Steven Gerrard joins Chelsea, it won't be medals that'll drive him to this club, but pure greed (120k pay packet)... despite what he'll say to the contrary. All I would say to Chelsea fans, enjoy the moment!

Jim   

In an interview for the BBC (the only interview he has ever given) he thought he might be around for 25 years or so, so it looks like it'll be a long moment.

Not again!

Ambramovich will one day go, as you and I will, eventually leaving our bodies and going off to some other place! What Kenyon has been outlining is a way to make the club a self-sufficient business. This will be reliant on the fans and a good business plan for the future. If Abramovich did decide to leave say in the next 20 years, the idea is for the club to be able to sustain continued success.

Last season was our second most successful season in 99 years, and the most successful in the last 49 years. We got our highest ever point total in the top flight and broke all kinds of other club records. So in a way money can buy success!

Gerrard would join Chelsea as we are 1 of 3 teams that have a realistic chance of the title next year (these 3 don't include Liverpool!) and also success in the Champions League, which incidently Liverpool still have to qualify for.

red4ever   
quote:Originally posted by Gary Stone

[br]Not again!

Ambramovich will one day go, as you and I will, eventually leaving our bodies and going off to some other place! What Kenyon has been outlining is a way to make the club a self-sufficient business. This will be reliant on the fans and a good business plan for the future. If Abramovich did decide to leave say in the next 20 years, the idea is for the club to be able to sustain continued success.

Last season was our second most successful season in 99 years, and the most successful in the last 49 years. We got our highest ever point total in the top flight and broke all kinds of other club records. So in a way money can buy success!

Gerrard would join Chelsea as we are 1 of 3 teams that have a realistic chance of the title next year (these 3 don't include Liverpool!) and also success in the Champions League, which incidently Liverpool still have to qualify for.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Have you seen the poll on Chelsea Official Site ??? :)

red4ever   
quote:Originally posted by Gary Stone

Not again!

id="quote">

id="quote">

And where did you see that Stevie G will join Chelsea?? Did you hear quotes from him?? This guy is LFC through and through, and Chelsea has been trying to tap him up through the media. In any case, an individual isn't bigger than the club. LFC have the upper hand if ever this transfer goes through (which I still doubt), it'll be on OUR TERMS.

Tommy S   

I personally think that the Gerrard transfer says more about the player than it does about Liverpool.

Gerrard wants success now, and isn't prepared to wait for it, hence the decision to move. I'm sure the vast wages on offer help to make that decision easier as well.

I respect Liverpool Football club, and acknowledge their great tradition and past successes. I also think that Liverpool fans have a lot to be optimistic about, as they have a very good new manager, and a number of good young players who could develop into major stars (Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle), so I think it won't be too long before they're challenging again.

Back to Chelsea then, however long Abramovich stays, he'll certainly leave the club in a better state than when he arrived, and don't begrudge us success, as we have as much right to it as Liverpool.

Whatever Gerrard's motives, Chelsea would be stupid not to sign a player of that quality if he wants to come.

You know, just because you dislike the current standing of things (that is that Liverpool is not nearly close to being in the best shape it could be in) and that Gerrard might be leaving, you don't have to come in here to tell us what is quite obvious.

If RA leaves, yes, we will lose all his money. But he might stay for a long time, or he might not, and either way the club is seeing an overhaul to its training facilities and additions to the stadium so that we become more self-sufficient and not dependable on RA.

Also, you might notice that we have an English backbone here at Chelsea. Our best players last season weren't our money-signing deals. They were the true Chelsea players like Lampard, Bridge and Terry who fought hard every match.

As for money not buying success: Sure, all the money we spent last season only got us 2nd place in the league (which btw, was ahead of Man Utd and Liverpool). And just because we are the richest club, followed by Real, doesn't mean that other "sucessful" clubs don't spend lots of money too (I.e. Arsenal, Man Utd, Barcelona, Milan).

Duncan   

Certainly looks like the Liverpool lads are feeling the heat at the moment. It must be tough having to watch a local legend like Gerrard even consider a move to SW6 but let's not forget that football is big business. Money talks. So get over it!

Sachin   

Red4ever did I hear you right? Not having a successful season? As Gary has pointed out that we had the second most successful season in our history and I don’t think that finishing 9 points off the pace from an Arsenal team who had a unbelievable season is too bad, and add to that the semi finals of the CL.

Either way I don’t know if you are a Man U fan or a Liverpool fan I can surely say that we had a much better season than both teams.

At the end of the season just how many points were you behind us? Have you guys forgotten?

I think Liverpool fans are clutching at straws and are jealous about Roman Abramovich. It's honestly quite laughable. It also goes a long way to show that Liverpool fans are afraid of losing Steven Gerrard. If he does sign for Chelsea, then that is down to him, it has nothing to do with fans of our club. In my opinion if Gerrard does sign he is trying to better himself away from Liverpool. In every walk of life if you're offered a better salary then from what I've know in my past you'll take the money. It's as simple as that, I'm sorry to say.