• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nona_valente

Predictions For Goal Scorers This Season

I wanted to play a little game here. Predict our top five goal scorers, and the number of goals they'll score.

To keep things fair, make your prediction before our first game of the season (Portsmouth).

After the end of the season, come back and see how you did.

If a player scores exactly the same number of goals you predicted at the end of the season, give yourself 7 points for each player.

If the player scores 1-3 goals more or less than you predicted, give yourself 4 points for each player.

If a player scores 4-5 goals more or less than what you predicted, give yourself 2 points for each player.

If a player scores 6-8 goals more or less than you predicted give yourself 1 point for each player.

For each player that you predict the correct position in the top scoring list, give yourself 4 points. (If not clear, this means if you predicted Lampard to be 3rd in the scoring charts, and he ends up 3rd, give yourself 4 points. If he ends up 4th, give yourself 0 points. There's no close here. Either you get the right position, or you don't)

Add up and see where you stand.

My list:

Anelka: 21 goals

Lampard: 19 goals

Drogba: 18 goals

Kalou: 18 goals

Ballack: 10 goals

You may want to wait to see if new players come. But decide before the Portsmouth game. It's not counted if any prediction is made later. This is to make things fair for everyone.

Only select 5 players. No more.

Make a firm selection for goals. Pick a specific number. No vague guesses like 3/4 goals.

We might have to remember to actually bring this topic up in the end of the season. Hopefully someone will :)

Great idea Nona. Why didn't I think of it?! ;)

Kalou: 27 goals

Drogba: 25 goals

Lampard: 23 goals

Ballack: 19 goals

Anelka 18 goals

Karan   

Top 5:

Drogba - 18

Lampard - 17

Anelka - 14

Kalou - 13

J.Cole - 11

Others (for the sake of it):

Ballack, Essien - 8; Malouda, Deco, Ivanovic, Di Santo - 5; Stoch, Carvalho, Sinclair, Own Goals - 3; Terry, A.Cole - 2

[doesn't include potential new signing(s)]

A predicted total of 125 goals scored by Chelsea, in the 2008/09 season. There, I've said it!!

EDIT: Changed the Other goalscorers abit, after the sales of Shevchenko and SWP.

Drogba - 25

Anelka - 20

Lampard - 18

Joe Cole - 14

Ballack - 12

About as adventurous as....

Something very unadventurous.

;)

Sheva- 33

Drogba - 24

Lampard - 23

anelka - 15