• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warro

Official: Daniel Sturridge Leaves Chelsea

Mehrino   
Chelsea do not have any strong young strikers coming through their ranks and would love to groom Sturridge to lead their attack in the future

Franco' will be a bit miffed at that!

Boris999   

haven't seen this guy. Is he really that good to warrant anywhere near the quoted price...some more info from someone who has seen him would be nice

"Daniel Sturridge to Chelsea

The Blues were apparently so impressed with Sturridge’s failure to score in Manchester City’s home defeat to FC Midtylland last night that they feel he could be the new Andriy Shevchenko, with an £8 million"

didn't Manchester sh*tty win the youth premiership last year?

hanuma   

Wasn't it almost twice that much last year?

I haven't seen any progress from Sturridge in the last 18 months. He needs a lot more discipline and focus.

Harvz   

Wow! I'm surprised and happy to see this! I watched him play against FC Midtjylland from Denmark yesterday (and lose). I was sitting there wondering why I've not heard more about him. He has balance on the ball that only the very best players usually show, and a lot of composure for someone that young.

Could be a good buy if Scolari uses him right!

Olusisi   
Wasn't it almost twice that much last year?

I haven't seen any progress from Sturridge in the last 18 months. He needs a lot more discipline and focus.

Losing focus and lack of discipline is the problem with most young player and could a factor that have seen him not made much progress in the last 18 months as you said but injuries could help explain why his career has stalled in that time as the kid has had a horrible time as he spent a lot of time on the treatment table but when he is on the pitch, he still shown that he is going to be a top striker with the right management as the raw material are present.

If we can get him this summer and I would say we should go for it, even for the 8 million pounds, although it is a lot of money, it could easily represent a great deal for Chelsea as the potential is their and because of the attributes he possesses we can still mould him into whatever we want as he can play the two striker positions very well as number 9 or a 2nd type striker.