• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Broughy   

Woah beefy message, all true though, I wonder what position Chelsea would be in now if RA hadn't intervened. We would be a casualty to the CL bug like Leeds, Sheffield, Blackburn. Now that's an example we would like to follow is it.

quote:Originally posted by Michael Tucker

Now, if only they could explain how Man Utd's dominance, winning 8 premierships in 11 seasons, was GOOD for football, then I might have some sympathy for their bleating. They didn't have a debt, either.

That will be somehow, "different", of course!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Eaxctly. It was all Man Utd and Arsenal in the last 11 years. Why are people complaining about Chelsea?

This is utter nonsense.

Is anybody listening to Radio 5's 606? The chelsea bashing is unbelieveable! Even Alan Green is joining in. Anyway these bitter people forget that even with all the best players in the world it takes a great manager to gel them together. Just look at Real Madrid. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this nonsense flowing from the bitter tongues, lots of goons- strange that!!

Anyway we won 2-0, didn't go to the game but what a great result. CAREFREE

Portugeezer GEEZER, great post, all true. MTs is true as well.

Question is why us , why now?

I don`t believe its entirely unique to us, Man united, were, are hated.

Its a symptom of the deep set envy that eats like a maggot at the core of British society imo. Anyone, any company who does well, succeeds , and as a consequence rewards themselves accordingly British people via the press seem to resent, with very few exceptions. Hence BP , a massively successful company, who have to compete in a worldwide market, that is viciously competitive, get slagged for making profits rather than praised. Why ? Jealousy is the problem and laziness, imo its a deep set problem, that the welfare state has bred.

Its a complicated subject and I do not wish to be trite, but there is nothing we (Chelsea fans) can do about it, except to try to answer logically, criticisms of us as Portugeezers post does, but fearing that logic will not work, just larf, cause we are top of the league.

Loadsamoney and lovin it.

Jim   

Chelsea's financial power is only a danger to Football if they win things. The cry last year was all about having team spirit and that Chelsea didn't have any, so it followed that they couldn't buy the League.

Now that has been put to bed, it's all about winning it back to back or it's a multitude of other reasons as to why we will fail, when they run out it always comes back to the money, obviously the money is a factor but hasn't it always been the case with any team that are winners.

Reading, hearing or seeing a positive point of view in the English media is as rare as hens teeth, we simply don't have many fans in the media and they don't like it and some are open about it (Patrick Collins) and will stoop to any level to rubbish our club. Look at the crap that has been written about who is unhappy or who is leaving since the season started, no other club gets this amount of attention and 99% of it is rubbish, but then see how many feel good stories on SSN there are about Liverpool.

I've just listened to radio 5 tonight and it's led as was the lunch time programme about Chelsea being boring, I was pleased to hear some sense being talked by people phoning in and by the pundits, but the media agenda is to rubbish Chelsea at any opportunity and with whatever means available and whether its true or not doesn't matter, the money only becomes an issue when they've run out of other excuses and we're top of the table.

Kristina   

I'm sorry, but I don't understand him. I don't understand his reproach, I don't understand his fear for English football and I don't understand his warning. Apart from that it can only be good for the EPL if there are dominating teams like Chelsea. Both for the quality of the Premiership and for the international representation of English club football.

Its the ****er Bandwagon everyone is joining. I totally agree with the ManUre example. I didn't see a soul complaining when ManUre were winning every freakin' season, how is this gonna ruin it if that didn't.

Sir   

We should ignore all this money money money bulls**t, we'v heard it all before.

My thoughts exactly, Geezer. And your analysis that we are a "symptom" not a cause is an excellent turn of phrase. It is only through the efforts of a Roman that a non-G14 club like us can challenge the self-appointed big boys.

It will be VERY interesting for me what happens if the Kraft family group truly buys Liverpool, as I saw rumoured in some of the red tops recently. I know it will likely be another round of handwringing over American ownership of a storied Premiership side, but the Krafts are very different from the Glazers. They are founding owners of several teams in MLS, love the sport, have done a great deal to promote "soccer" in the US and run the sports franchises they own, including the 3-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots, with great skill and style. Their personal wealth probably isn't quite as great as Roman's but it is very significant and if they take on buying Liverpool they will splash the dross to cure what ills that club.

Wonder what the 'Pool fans will be saying about money then? No doubt when they are being forced to buy good players for 24 million it will still be Chelsea's fault.