• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Juni   

Less than Arsenal got from Puma and twice the length of the deal; we'll be set up poorly come years 8-10.

gavhc   
Less than Arsenal got from Puma and twice the length of the deal; we'll be set up poorly come years 8-10.

I'm sure it could be re-negotiated again. The $45m a year is probably basic and doesn't include bonuses for trophies, obviously Arsenal didn't negotiate that type of clause.

mumoko   

You genuinely think that's beyond the realms of possibility?

TIL: UEFA is whiter than white.

I am sorry for missing out on reading this post. But, I have not said anything like this in my post. What my point was to say that if Platini's UEFA presidency were to benefit (any) French clubs, why are only two and those particular two to draw any positives from his behind-the-scenes deal-breaking? Why not his youth club - St. Etienne - great attendances, good youth set-up - only a bit of financial help is needed - or Toulouse - from a region obsessed with sports and booming aerospace industry but with mediocre team?

I find the idea ludicrous to contemplate at first place.

I'm sure it could be re-negotiated again. The $45m a year is probably basic and doesn't include bonuses for trophies, obviously Arsenal didn't negotiate that type of clause.

:)

Who knows if it's true but it's definitely funny.

Codger   

Nope, other way round. What we get from Adidas is dependent on a sustained level of success.

I don't think the deal's that much to shout about. It's too long.

Nope, other way round. What we get from Adidas is dependent on a sustained level of success.

I don't think the deal's that much to shout about. It's too long.

I agree... it seems the £300m over 10 years is dependent on a regular haul of trophies, and £30m in 2023 won't be worth nearly the same as £30m now.

Given our level of European success in recent seasons and our ever growing profile in the US, Asia and Africa, I think it's a tad underwhelming that our kit sponsorship deal is seemingly on a par with a club like Arsenal.