• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Harvz   

Lol.

I think we should end this right here.

I think he was trying to do exactly that, but he doesn't know where all the full stops have run off to.

rj2115   

I think he was trying to do exactly that, but he doesn't know where all the full stops have run off to.

I was waiting for you to show me the light ;)

Can you show me a table of our turnover in 2002-2003?

Pretty surprised we were in the top 6.

I think Dave misremembered the placings slightly. We are now ranking a few places higher than we were then. The Chelsea haters are always surprised to be reminded that we were achieving world class turnover figures even before Roman arrived. It just doesn't fit with their preferred version of history.

Link. (It's Wiki, but it contains good sources and links to individual Deloitte reports.)

Edited by Bridgejunky

Harvz   

That's very interesting. Wonder how much that played into Roman's thinking when buying the club. Clearly, he wasn't concerned with where his money went in the shorter term, but he has consistently looked to better the club's position over the years - where players and impulse buys are not concerned.

I think Dave misremembered the placings slightly. We are now ranking a few places higher than we were then. The Chelsea haters are always surprised to be reminded that we were achieving world class turnover figures even before Roman arrived. It just doesn't fit with their preferred version of history.

Link. (It's Wiki, but it contains good sources and links to individual Deloitte reports.)

Ah cheers for that BJ.

The point remains valid, we had world class income before Roman bought us and although it has increased (along with everyone else's) it was far from the case that we came from nothing and got to where we are now with Roman.

Especially that metaphor of a small little garment shop was particularly ludicrous.

rj2115   

Ah cheers for that BJ.

The point remains valid, we had world class income before Roman bought us and although it has increased (along with everyone else's) it was far from the case that we came from nothing and got to where we are now with Roman.

Especially that metaphor of a small little garment shop was particularly ludicrous.

its better to learn the difference between turnover and net cash flows(actual money to invest) before speaking something

you can have big turnovers and yet you are unable to grow

I am not here to teach you finance 101, believe whatever you want to believe

Edited by rj2115

its better to learn the difference between turnover and net cash flows(actual money to invest) before speaking something

you can have big turnovers and yet you are unable to grow

I am not here to teach you finance 101, believe whatever you want to believe

I've been working in finance for roughly 10 years and have a master in that subject as well. No need to teach me finance 101.

Funnily enough, our net free cash flows was probably taking a big hit to the worse after Roman bought us. Hence the need for his additional funding.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

rj2115   

I've been working in finance for roughly 10 years and have a master in that subject as well. No need to teach me finance 101.

Funnily enough, our net free cash flows was probably taking a big hit to the worse after Roman bought us. Hence the need for his additional funding.

it was because we made leap from being 4th, 5th in the league to top of the league if it wasn't for his spending we would have wandered in the same place without able to dethrone Man U or any other bigger clubs and most of the money was spent on infrastructure which would have funded by itself right?

it was because we made leap from being 4th, 5th in the league to top of the league if it wasn't for his spending we would have wandered in the same place without able to dethrone Man U or any other bigger clubs and most of the money was spent on infrastructure which would have funded by itself right?

Yes. But that has nothing to do with our (self)generated income or FCF.

But everything to do with insane spending. Spending the football world had never seen before. And even so, it took the best manger in the world to make it work. After Jose we won one league title in 6 seasons despite continuing to spend silly money (not all seasons mind, but for most).

THAT was my point to begin with.