• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

john 60   

Monaco have just stuck 2 fingers up to FFP . very interesting . City P.S.G. have done the same . Chelsea are playing the game , but for how long ?

Monaco have just stuck 2 fingers up to FFP . very interesting . City P.S.G. have done the same . Chelsea are playing the game , but for how long ?

I used the speeding analogy before.

So long as we know that City are going faster than us and will go past the police speeding check before us, we can cruise behing, breaking the law, but knowing that we can slow down in time if City really do get stopped.

**** it, Roman should just sponsor our shirts himself. Replace the badge with his face and Samsung with Abramovich, got to be worth at least £100 million a year right?

As long as we retain the hope that uefa will actually enforce FFP. Never forget that Chelsea are fully in favour of these regulations and want to see them maintained.

Sciatika   

So let's say we got about 3-4m for Essien, 18.5m for KDB and 37.5m for Mata. That's getting on for £60m. We spent 21m on Matic and 12 on Salah leaving about £27m. We loaned out some players (Moses, Bertrand, Romeu, Marin and so on) so we don't pay their wages and may have saved a few million there. That covers the vast majority of last years losses without making the squad very much weaker. A little thinner maybe, because Salah will be weeks before he is really competing for a place. That sounds like solid business to me.

I used the speeding analogy before.

So long as we know that City are going faster than us and will go past the police speeding check before us, we can cruise behing, breaking the law, but knowing that we can slow down in time if City really do get stopped.

Yes. Even if FFP isn't enforced, we are not the ones that will roll around in mud to defeat it. Just cruise behind and let City/Monaco/PSG be the "enemies" of UEFA. Edited by Ibn Battuta

So let's say we got about 3-4m for Essien, 18.5m for KDB and 37.5m for Mata. That's getting on for £60m. We spent 21m on Matic and 12 on Salah leaving about £27m. We loaned out some players (Moses, Bertrand, Romeu, Marin and so on) so we don't pay their wages and may have saved a few million there. That covers the vast majority of last years losses without making the squad very much weaker. A little thinner maybe, because Salah will be weeks before he is really competing for a place. That sounds like solid business to me.

Even though most reports claim that Michael's move will be a free transfer I think you make a good point. It's reasonable to guess that, if he signs, Salah will be paid less that KDB was, that Matic is on less than Mata has been and that The Bison was on much more than any of them.

Let's see what these moves do for us on the pitch but they must be very positive on the balance sheet.

Having a sensible transfer strategy is almost like art. I like what we are doing.

But the elephant in the room is Stamford Bridge.

Indeed.

I remember when the East Stand was proposed then built (sad but true) and all the talk of it becoming a white elephant. Once an elephant, always an elephant I suppose.

Sciatika   

I thought the same about the the Bates' hotel. Putting aside the Pyscho jokes for a moment, another elephant, imo.