• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Flinkers   

yeah lol must be great being media darlings.....

on the shirtsponsorship

uniteds is 350m for 7 years starts next season

ours is 18m a season for 2 seasons (samsung extended a deal) ends 2015 so we should be able to get a far better deal than 18m a season come 2015....

Rumours today of a bidding war for United's shirt sponsorship.

Whatever else is wrong with United, they're certainly adept at milking cash out of their corporate partners.

Whats the point in adhering to FFP when City are literally doing what they want. For instance say they are X amount over FFP then they can just get Etihad to sponsor their training ground for X amount. I don't see how the system can work. The one major positive of the system is that we have made great strides to becoming a more sustainable club.

Because we can probably eek past the FFP regulations without really testing out how severe they are. City can't- they have to push the definitions and see how UEFA react.

I'm sure City are quietly confident that UEFA will be happy with what they do, and that they'd win any fight if they weren't. And I'm sure there are plenty of clubs playing close attention to the situation.

The recent Deloitte figures were ridiculous- 51% revenue growth for City. That's absolutely huge.

lzheyi   

Wow I completely missed that lol.

So same as arsenals "massive new deal" then

I hope man utd can't get more than both us and arsenal!

having said that they are extremely good at sucking money from their partners

Because we can probably eek past the FFP regulations without really testing out how severe they are. City can't- they have to push the definitions and see how UEFA react.

I'm sure City are quietly confident that UEFA will be happy with what they do, and that they'd win any fight if they weren't. And I'm sure there are plenty of clubs playing close attention to the situation.

The recent Deloitte figures were ridiculous- 51% revenue growth for City. That's absolutely huge.

I see the point everybody is making here in that let City take the risk, but meanwhile they have an incredible squad and could potentially win a number of trophies right now due to their spending. They have taken a risk but they will most likely get away with it and win multiple trophies in the meantime.

I see the point everybody is making here in that let City take the risk, but meanwhile they have an incredible squad and could potentially win a number of trophies right now due to their spending. They have taken a risk but they will most likely get away with it and win multiple trophies in the meantime.

Agreed. I don't think UEFA will do diddly squat.

Man C and PSG are obviously cheating. That much is obvious and beyond debate. What are UEFA waiting for?

Sarin   

I read that after Man City bought the two other clubs recently.

They gave themselves 24.6 million pounds and put it against FFP for "Services to other clubs they own"

They also evidently sold there images right to another company owned by the same people, for another $24 million pounds.

Combined with the sponsorship, naming rights and who is paying those and the levels they are at above everyone elses sponsorship.

Man City is basically just telling UEFA to **** off, they barely even bother to disguise it.

Pay yourself 25 million pounds, for services you give to yourself. lol.

Whatever happened to that new stadium proposal? I wish CPO would have sold even though this issue divides Chelsea supporters.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/457450/EXCLUSIVE-United-set-to-strike-1bn-kit-deal

If even close to true, it's worrying. £70m a year sponsorship deal, with all the other deals they have, means they can afford a year or two out of the CL while they rebuild. The only positive being that it's Moyes managing and not someone who knows what they're doing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/457450/EXCLUSIVE-United-set-to-strike-1bn-kit-deal

If even close to true, it's worrying. £70m a year sponsorship deal, with all the other deals they have, means they can afford a year or two out of the CL while they rebuild. The only positive being that it's Moyes managing and not someone who knows what they're doing.

thats almost double what anyone else is getting but! , there worldwide shirts sales no doubt can justify it!...