• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Yea I'm not overwhelmed by the sponsor or the amount touted as the increase in revenue. Surely our shirt sponsor should be a blockbuster?

Edited by Kneel for 1

synavm   

The Turkish Airlines deal was reported as £40 Million per year a few weeks back wasn't it? Like most of these things, though, the amount will likely be performance related.

Scooba   

The Turkish Airlines deal was reported as £40 Million per year a few weeks back wasn't it? Like most of these things, though, the amount will likely be performance related.

I don't think the amount will be performance related. It might include performance-bonuses or 'add-on's' if you like but they will have to come to an agreement over some sort of basic annual fee.

25m by Turkish Airlines would be a good deal, considering that the likes of Bayern and Arsenal get less. Samsung is the bigger brand, but all we should care about is the money, and if Samsung offer less then arrivederci!

United are the only ones that spring to mind who get more, and I don't really understand why. Probably they've sold more shirts worldwide. Yet.

Samsung have progressed considerably in terms of brand identity and product quality in the last few years, so I think our deal with them has been a win win all round so far. I can't see how it would be beneficial to either party to end the deal. I can't help wondering if the thorny subject of stadium naming rights has been thrown into the mix ?

No disrespect to Turkish Airlines but they are not exactly a global brand, but money will ultimately decide I suppose.

Flinkers   

Aren't Samsung still fighting Apple over patent infringements? If so, that may be one reason why they're reluctant to commit a larger amount.

Edited by Flinkers

25m by Turkish Airlines would be a good deal, considering that the likes of Bayern and Arsenal get less. Samsung is the bigger brand, but all we should care about is the money, and if Samsung offer less then arrivederci!

United are the only ones that spring to mind who get more, and I don't really understand why. Probably they've sold more shirts worldwide. Yet.

To an extent, but where do you draw the line ? There's been a few examples recently of teams turning out wearing some less than stellar sponsors names on their shirts. I would like to think we might be above that now.

synavm   

There have been plenty of shirt sponsors in the Prem that aren't global brands. United had a couple of fairly well known brands but no universally recognised brands on their shirt in AIG and Aotec, Liverpool with Standard Chartered, Barcelona with Qatar Airways etc. For us it's all about the money recieved and for the companies involved, it's about boosting brand awareness and Turkish Airlines will be hoping they become a 'global brand' as a result. I think they will be looking at companies like Emirates who have seen their brand awareness boosted significantly after getting involved with Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, AC Milan.

Edited by synavm

Turkish Airlines are definitely a global brand. I know from an English perspective Turkish brands might still be looked down upon because we're not West European, North American or Far Eastern, but this is Europe's best national airline and fly to more destinations than any other airline.

The fact we've accepted it must surely mean Turkish Airlines are a big player. We're Chelsea. One of the biggest name's in World Football. If THY were not a global brand they wouldn't be on our shirts from next season.

I may be a tad biased as a Turk but I need to spread the word that brands from outside the established business world are worthy.

Remember when we first had Fly Emirates? Nobody had heard of them then. THY are bigger than Emirates were then.